dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Review my nearly finished site

Review my nearly finished site

I've been working on this baby for a while now. it's an online store that sells spray lubricants and fragrances....lol I know weird combination.

Super Slick Slick Stuff

Thumbs up Great site, I like!

Looks great but the 'Uses' bar does not refresh properly, it seems to stick on a highlight as you pass over it some times.

I also noted that some product details are a little vague, for instance is the 'fishing reel lub' for sea or course fishing? A minor point. I also noted a comment in the review of the fishing reel lub that was asking a question instead of offering a review, maybe a link in your 'Generate review' to 'Ask a sales advisor' would prevent this, or if the questions are asked here then updates and answers could be added by staff.

As a novice that is teaching himself web development I like the overall approach of the site and find it inspiring. New ideas are popping off in my head as I'm typing this. (Don't panic, I don't copy anybody! )

One other thing I noted was that there is no proper 'Introduction' to who or what the site is about, the 2 lines are very vague, and who or what is the site aimed at?

heh yeah i guess a little more detail in the reviews page would be in order.
    As for the actual product of the reel lube, I'm not sure, I'll have to ask the customer , but yeah the descriptions could be a little more engaging.

And yeah the home page is kind of a place holder, as we still haven't figured out what should realy be ther, being that it's the most important page of the site.
    Anyway I'm glad you like it overall

Finally, a decent looking site asked to be reviewed!

Well done so far. Now as weedy said, I would advise some products to have a bit more detail added, maybe measurements, etc.

There are a couple of things to tidy up and as you said, the homepage as well, but a site I would be comfortable spending my money at. Good luck doing the finishing touches ....

Thread Information