www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Links not Clickable in IE8

Links not Clickable in IE8

I'm having an issue with my links and navigation menu acting "dead" within IE8. The site works in IE9, firefox, and chrome. I think the problem may be the filter used to manipulate the background but wanted to have someone with more experience take a look. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and link is below.

Home Page

Yep, doesn't work in IE8. Have you tried taking out the MS filter? If so, does it work when removed? What's that filter doing? It doesn't look like you need anything complex or hacky to handle that hover.
    I'm always up for networking with fellow web professionals. Connect with me on LinkedIn if you like!

I removed the MS filter on the home page so could you check and see if the problem is still there? I do not have IE 8 on my machine and the ie tab add ons for chrome and firefox don't show the problem. The filter is supposed to re-size the background image to the size of the screen and keep it constant. Thanks for your help.

Still doesn't work.
    I'm always up for networking with fellow web professionals. Connect with me on LinkedIn if you like!

hmmm I am out of ideas. Should I just make a fixed sized background and work with that for IE 8 and below?

All links are clickable for me in IE9 compatibly mode.

It seems that IE 8 is the only browser that is giving me fits

Thread Information