www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Redirect external traffic to iframed version

Thumbs up Redirect external traffic to iframed version

Hi, all,

This is maybe more of a web server question than a php one...

I have a site that houses its e-commerce component (a zencart) in an iFrame. I would like to find a way to redirect external traffic to the page with the iFrame; essentially to re-house the content. I have a general guess at the steps, but I think I'm reinventing a wheel, and my php is novice... Has anyone done this?

Thanks, Fred

If I understand what you're looking for, I don't think PHP can do it but JS can. In the zencart page, (Probably index.php or in a header file in the template)

try something like:

HTML Code:
    <script>
    if (top.location = location){top.location = "http://www.mysite.com/webstore"}
    </script>
    Not perfect, but maybe good enough.

hmmm

I appreciate the reply; I think that solution will work for me in a basic way. I'm pretty sure I still need to use a session variable or POST or something if I want to tell the original (wrapped) page the actual URL they want put into the iframe (rather than just dumping them to the store-front), though. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Fred

I think I have tried sessions, and had trouble picking up sessions from frame to frame.

You can change the url in the redirect by echoing it with a dynamic query string.
    PHP Code:
    <?php
    $qs
    =$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];
    echo(
    '
    <script>
    if (top.location = location){top.location = "http://www.mysite.com/webstore/?'
    .$qs.'"}
    </script>
    '
    );
    ?>

Thread Information