I recently switched over to a new server, presumably in a completely different time zone from the last, and I am getting new users in different parts of the world now - both of which are leading me to discover this dumb new problem with my old date/time formats.

Basically, and I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this, I'm trying to get the current time put into a format that reflects the user's local time - not my server's local time. My code as it is now looks like this: date('l, d F Y H:i:s T'), and the format itself is correct. The problem, of course, is that it is showing the time in PDT where the server is. Adding or subtracting from the timestamp only reflects the incorrect time in PDT and is not ideal anyway, and it seems that there must be a less messy way of giving the users local time using a straight-forward, standard PHP date/time function.

I have looked through a list of the various functions in the PHP resources, but without fail I just get variations to the time in PDT. So I'm sort of scratching my head here a bit.