www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Insalling PHP5 on W2003 with IIS

Insalling PHP5 on W2003 with IIS

Hi,

I have followed the instructions here (http://php.net/manual/en/install.windows.iis6.php) and when I try to view an index.php page withthe following code,

Code:
    <?php

echo 'hello world';

?>
    I have been getting errors.

Firstly the broswer tried to do download index.php as a file. Then I got 404 errors, then "you are not authorized to view this page" (ACL) HTTP Error 401.3.

Not sure how to fix this and would appreciate a pointer in the right direction from anyone who has had experience of this problem.

Thx

I'm not a Windows guru so don't know the specifics, but it sounds like the web server config does not "know" that .php files need to be sent to the PHP processor. You might want to check the "sticky" posts here (this site's sister forum PHPBuilder.com): http://phpbuilder.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7

PS: Could it be something as simple as having to restart the web server after making config changes?
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thanks NogDog,

Definitely not a restart issue, have tried that. I will uninstall and try the installation method from phpbuilder to see if that works.

Thread Information