dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Duplication of exact website

Duplication of exact website

I currently run a website called phillysportspulse.com. I started this website with someone who no longer wants to be associated with the site but he has the site on his hosting plan and will not transfer it over. I own the domain name and everything else associated with the site. My question is, can I get an exact copy of the site transferred over to another hosting company? The site is a straight up vbulletin 3.x forum and a few mods. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by bekirk302 View Post
    I currently run a website called phillysportspulse.com. I started this website with someone who no longer wants to be associated with the site but he has the site on his hosting plan and will not transfer it over. I own the domain name and everything else associated with the site. My question is, can I get an exact copy of the site transferred over to another hosting company? The site is a straight up vbulletin 3.x forum and a few mods. Thanks for your help.
    Course you can. You can use programs such as 'site sucker' for Mac OSX - but that's only a static version. None of the development pages (PHP) you'll be able to get. The only way to get them is using FTP. If you have the FTP/cPanel details, then you're fine. If not, all you can do is start up another vBulliten site...

Another way would be to try and make an email address associated with the account on the hosting as you own the domain name. If you're looking for more help with this, or even cheap hosting (if you're looking) - I'll be able to help you out.

oliver@titaniumwebdesigns.com
    CEO

Thread Information