www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Easier way to insert images

Easier way to insert images

I find that almost all CMS's have horrible image-handling routines.

Most are based on an image library, while in my experience 90% of all images used for illustrations in articles are never re-used. The libraries just become needless extra steps to go through.

Also, most solutions only work with single images. If you want to insert 10 images in an article, you will have to perform the same procedure 10 times.

Does anybody know of solutions that allow me to select multiple images from my local machine, and lets me insert them into the article in one move? Preferably via drag-n-drop on HTML5-capable browsers, but I don't mind a "file open" dialog if it is only once for all images. Also I don't mind all images being inserted in one place in the article, because in most editors it's easy to drag the image to the right place.

I really don't understand why no systems make this easier, I think I could teach my colleagues how to build a complete website in plain HTML, in the time they spend fighting with the CMS...

well actually I'm not to Inserting image in CMS because it increases the loadtime and space of my CMS. what I do is hot linking. I used 3party sites or image hosting sites then use the direct link of the image.

That is a very interesting approach! And not only does it speed up your CMS, it also speeds up loadtimes for the visitors because the images come from another server.

Are there any other suggestions for fixing the bad image support in CMSs?

Our CMS supports page templates - so you can create a template once, with a constant image, then re-use it as much as needed. We've done so with Facebook's Like button, for example, to save the trouble of inserting the code into every page.
    Start your website today at LiveCity

Ok, but that only works with the same image(s) on every page, right? My problem is more related to inserting lots of images in a richly illustrated article.

If they are different, I see your problem.
    In the chance that we're speaking of non-specific images, you could use JavaScript to randomly choose images from a collection...
    Start your website today at LiveCity

Quote Originally Posted by georgefuller View Post
    well actually I'm not to Inserting image in CMS because it increases the loadtime and space of my CMS. what I do is hot linking. I used 3party sites or image hosting sites then use the direct link of the image.
    I feel this problem.

Thread Information