dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Ecommerce Stock Site

Ecommerce Stock Site

I tried another forum and haven't received any feedback or sales.

---------------------------------------

I have had a lot of reservations releasing it in this state, but I have been told time and time again that releasing early and often helps develop a better product so here we go.

I could use a new name - thoughts?

Home page

For checkout use coupon code: DTAugust

It will take 100% of the price off so you get free stuff just for checking it out!

I am looking at all aspects: price, layout, functionality, quality, speed

I am new to Magento, but very familiar with WP, Joomla, and php.

I would estimate that I could have approximately 10 new items a week pending on the category. Websites will take longer than icons, but just in general 10 would be my estimate.

Well done, looks quite nice.

However:

- Very, very slow to respond! What hoster are you using? Reminds me of dial-up times, took 40 seconds to display anything and 46 seconds to fully load )im on a 10meg, 28ms ping, cable connection from the UK! Just a suggestion below of the one I host all my sites on, no ads, has massive storage and bandwith and allows scripting like php. Always a quick response as well. Free as well on a basic plan or under $5 p/m for an unlimited account.

PS: Tried a second time just now. Took nearly 9 seconds, a lot better, but still slow.

http://www.000 webhost.com/448393.html

(just delete the space between 000 and webhost)

- I agree the name lechlak isnt groin-grabbing. Struggling to think of a good name though!
    Last edited by wh666-666; 08-23-2011 at 05:35 PM.

Thank you very much for the review! I am using GoDaddy which tends to overload their servers and if this idea was good enough I would certainly invest in new hosting. The problem is that I have had a good amount of traffic and not one person has taken advantage of the free coupon which makes me think that it is not worth pursuing further. Any thoughts on that?

If I consider your site with respect to Search Engine Optimization then your site is really bad.
    You are getting negative point for:
    Slow loading of your site
    Not proper meta title
    Not proper meta Keywords
    Not proper meta description
    and many more...

The speed is one major issue - the meta data is easily taken care of, but the speed I am slightly worried about. I will give another theme a try and see if it is theme specific.

Honestly the issue is not with your theme of your site but with the technology.
    I have seen many sites in mangento and one thing is common in all that is they load really slow.

But if you think that your issue can be resolved by changing theme then go for it.

Great Advice - What platform would you recommend?

WordPress?

OSCommerce runs faster than Magento... Though you'll need to make some changes to the code to secure it for real use.

It will better if you go for drupal.
    I am suggesting this because speed of drupal site can be adjusted on the bases of requirement.
    They have different caching section to manage the speed of site.
    Most important drupal has a community that help you to build your site and the plus point is that huge number of modules are present through which you can build your site in minimum amount of time.

Thread Information