dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Please what do you think of my website?

Please what do you think of my website?

Hi,

I created the website www.technospeak.com which is about English/French translation (main business) and website design.

My main target is big or small English/US companies needing an English French translation service. The main keywords are "English French translation", "technical translation". The purpose of the site is to find new customers.

I've noticed the site does not receive many visitors (about 20 a week) and the contact form is very rarely completed.

I need suggestions about the content mainly. Is it sufficiently clear? Maybe the design could be improved as well...

Thank you very much for your time.

Cheers
    Chris

The language can be improved a bit for instance this sentence:

"You work directly with the translators themselves. There are no middlemen so you not only get better value for money and more competitive prices, you are in direct contact with your supplier;".......should be:

"You work directly with the translators themselves. There are no middlemen so you not only get better value for money and more competitive prices, but you are also in direct contact with your supplier;"

And also: "We've all worked in industry so we understand your special needs." You are missing the simple word. It should be: "We've all worked in THE industry so we understand your special needs."

Other than that, the design and layout is great. I can offer you some of page SEO services to help you get more visitors and backlinks to increase your PR and SERP. PM me if you are interested.

I suggest you change the background from black to white. Overall, use lighter colors. I believe serious professional do not care for dark colors when seriously looking to purchase a service.

Also, are you offering translation services, or web development services? For me, talking about the dreamweaver certified... when you want your audience to entrust you with a serious technical translation comes across as wishy washy... in other words, not professional...

Bests,

I want to pick up on what Rankx said:

The problem is more fundamental than the wording on your website. The problem is the company and how they are handling translations. They need to re-evaluate the whole business; otherwise they are doomed to fail from day one.

The incorrect way to handle a translation business, which I fear you are doing, is to have one person translating instead of two or more. Or even worse, you may have used an automatic translator! For example; a native French speaker, who has English as another multilingual language, invariably will not have a grasp on English grammar, as it is a hard language to master. I have only met one or two people out of thousands of multilingual people that are true masters of more than one language. So that French person cannot translate a passage from French to English.

The correct way to handle translations; is to have the French native multilingual translator, translate to English, then an English native multilingual translator, proof read the passage and correct mistakes, then sign it off as complete. The same works for any translation.

If you do not do this, you will come out with comical mistakes like the API does behind Google translate. Brilliant service from Google, but give it a go. Translate one phrase in to another language, then another, another, then back to the original language. See how drastically this has changed.

When you are charging people for translations, there is no room for error or as Ibero put it, wishy-washy-ness.

@IberoMedia: What you wrote above is very interesting and nearly my opinion as well but the truth is that we can offer both services. Also I thought it could be interesting to couple bilingual translation and bilingual webdesign. But maybe we should have 2 different websites...?

Thread Information