dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Javascript to manipulate SVG (broad topic)

Javascript to manipulate SVG (broad topic)

I'm not even sure where to begin with this, so please move to the correct forum if it's better suited somewhere else.

My goal is to start with a CAD .dwg (floor plan for a tradeshow) and end up with media that a user can manipulate via pan, zoom, click on individual booths, etc.

My first attempt was to open the file in Illustrator, convert to SVG, use javascript to manipulate the SVG. Because the original file is from CAD, it is very difficult to account for the many different lines (4-5 lines + text for each booth) when zooming in and out. Due to the size of the show (over 1,000,000 sq. ft.) the file size is also an issue so I'm considering breaking it up into separate wings.

I'm no guru, but I can manage my way through several different technologies, frameworks, etc. and what I'm hoping to get here is a few suggestions for how to best accomplish my goal.

Thanks so much for taking your time to read and provide feedback.

Chris

Sorry about the double post (http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/sh...?t=252134)...I didn't think the first one took (needed mod approval) so I reposted. The good thing is that I explained my challenge differently and maybe that will help someone help me

Thanks!

Thread Information