www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Whats the difference between you and me?

Whats the difference between you and me?

I am trying to create an html page, saved on my computer, that has the same code as gmail's login page (I just copied and pasted the source code).

What I want to do, is enter my login information on my local machine, and have it send the POST to google and log me in.

Every time I submit the form from my local html file, google redirects me to a page which says my browsers cookies are not enable (they definately are). When I login from their actual site, it works fine.

At first I thought, maybe it just doesnt work that way, but when I tried the same method with Aol and Yahoo's login, the local html file worked fine in logging me in.

Can someone tell me what is going on here?

My Mothers IE on Vista does this when she tries to log into google the normal way but not with firefox, chrome, or IE on xp or win7. She had IE7 and I upgraded it to IE8 but it did not change.

Thought I'd mention that just in case it's actually your browser and not the script causing the issue.

I may be wrong but offline cookies are disabled by default for security reasons.
    You can activate it via Windows Control Panel. Go the Control Panel --> User Accounts
    and then go to the Change User Account Control Settings.

A window titled "User Account control Settings" appears (Windows 7).
    And set the lowest notification level.

Thread Information