www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Form mailer adding Price problem!

Form mailer adding Price problem!

Ok i have a Form mailer on my website so people can use drop down menus to choose what they want and when they choose each item it adds up the total at bottom of page before they submit it to me the problem is if they accidently click an item twice or decide they wanna change that item the price never deducts or minuses so if they click a selected item 3 times it would triple the cost which would be bad! How can i fix this without using check box menus?

here is the sample with the drop down menu that is doing the wrong thing and below check box menu that does what i want but i would prefer to use the drop menu -

http://powellcustomdrums.com/HOME-quote-TEST

Any help would be GREAT!
    Thanks

On my browser, it's working fine as intended. Try on another browser or on another computer.

No im sorry what i mean is on that page the "Check box" menu options work when you check one it gives a price and when you uncheck it the total price goes back BUT when you use the drop down menu and click an item in the menu it gives a price for that selected item but if you click same item twice it doubles and i dont want that or if you click the 2nd item it should deduct the price from the first one you chose first but instead just adds that on top of the total i just want one given price in the menu.

How can i do this?

can anyone figure out how to do this?

I read your problem description 3 times over and tried your script every time. Even after using the select menu I clicked checkbox items several times. Nothing seems be functioning abnormally.

i dont know how to explain this but its a sample test page the "Check Boxes" work (when clicked adds a total when unchecked deducts total)

the drop down menu works to a point (when dropped down and select an item and click it that item adds a total)

Part that doesn't work on drop menu (when you change to the 2nd item and click it it doesnt deduct the cost of the first item)

how can i make it work like a check box does?

you know what i mean now? like if i had all drop menus on my page but each 1 had 2 choices say - "cat or dog" you can only choose 1 but say you choose cat and it cost you $50 but then you decide i dont want a smelly dirty cat and now want a dog so you now click on "dog" and that cost $30 the total should now go down to $30

in my case if i did this action it would go to $80

how can i fix this?

ANYONE ANYONE? im on hold until i can do this

Quote Originally Posted by powelldrums View Post
    i dont know how to explain this but its a sample test page the "Check Boxes" work (when clicked adds a total when unchecked deducts total)

the drop down menu works to a point (when dropped down and select an item and click it that item adds a total)

Part that doesn't work on drop menu (when you change to the 2nd item and click it it doesnt deduct the cost of the first item)

how can i make it work like a check box does?

Hey, I debugged your script and it seems you have an error

Code:
    SCRIPT5007: Unable to get value of the property 'total': object is null or undefined 
    HOME-quote-TEST, line 101 character 3
    you may want to go over your script and fix the problem.

Thanks not sure what that problem is or how to fix it but that still doesn't fix what im trying to do!

is this possible?

This script isn't suitable for online payments ! You can probably find or build a better script...
    See Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 - Such a script must be particularly operable from a keyboard.

haha what do you mean not suitable? its perfectly fine just trying to adjust a few things!

anyways does anyone know how to do what im trying to figure out?

Can someone please help me figure out how to do this? i will pay you

Thread Information