dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Need an iFrame

Thumbs down Need an iFrame

I have a website on a Shared Server at work that I'm trying to get an iFrame to view the contents of a lengthy .txt file and I need it to AUTOMATICALLY scroll to the BOTTOM of the .txt file when the webpage opens.

I have a script that will scroll .htm files to the bottom but I can't get it to automatically Scroll a .txt file to the bottom (Best I've gotten is a button that you click which scrolls to the bottom) but I need it to Automatically do it when the page opens.

If it matters... My .txt file is actually a .LOG written in notepad with the 1st word ".LOG" which automatically inserts the Time & Date Each time the file is opened and it opens with the Cursor Automatically at the Bottom of the page.

If someone has a code that will scroll .txt files to the bottom, I'd Really Appreciate your help, Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by polypay View Post
    I have a website on a Shared Server at work that I'm trying to get an iFrame to view the contents of a lengthy .txt file and I need it to AUTOMATICALLY scroll to the BOTTOM of the .txt file when the webpage opens.

I have a script that will scroll .htm files to the bottom but I can't get it to automatically Scroll a .txt file to the bottom (Best I've gotten is a button that you click which scrolls to the bottom) but I need it to Automatically do it when the page opens.

If it matters... My .txt file is actually a .LOG written in notepad with the 1st word ".LOG" which automatically inserts the Time & Date Each time the file is opened and it opens with the Cursor Automatically at the Bottom of the page.

If someone has a code that will scroll .txt files to the bottom, I'd Really Appreciate your help, Thanks!
    Are you looking for Javascript or Java?

This is my 1st posting... I intended it to go under JavaScript
    (The only thing I know about Java is that I drink too much of it!)

But I'll take/use Anything that will work! Thanks!!

Thread Information