www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Fixed Position disappears in IE

Hybrid View

Fixed Position disappears in IE

Hello: I'm building an ecommerce site via 3dcart. Therefore, the site is a table-based layout that has some validation issues. My question has to do with the positioning of the site's live chat icon. The LiveChat icon is intended to be fixed to the right side of the screen. The adapted CSS code works in all browsers that I've tested except in IE which does not show the icon/div at all. Any assistance is appreciated. You can view the site here: http://tinyurl.com/4yma88z

The Css style is as follows:
    HTML Code:
    #chatstyle {
    	position: fixed;
    	top: 175px;
    	right: 0px;
    	height: 133px;
    	width: 96px;
    	z-index:500;
    }
    Any ideas how to make it look the same in IE?

Have you fixed this? It looks correct in my browsers. A few things to consider though, if your still seeing issues on other pc's then it's most likely due to the version of IE that's being used and how it's interacting with the rest of the site.

I'm running my IE9 browser in compatibilty mode which fixes alot of issues but on the older versions of IE which are considered non-modern browsers (IE7 and IE8) I have seen a lot of inconsistancies with how it renders a page. I really don't have an answer for you as far as the code is concerned because it appears to be working, the only thing that jumps out at me is the fixed position.

IE7 and IE8 support the fixed value only if a !DOCTYPE is specified.
    Last edited by Frosty1_4me; 10-03-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Thank you. Yes, I believe its working.

Thread Information