www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: online filing system

Talking online filing system

I have currently started designin a website where i will begin to sell products. However, I am having problems designing an on line filing system where i can store user details and keep information on cutomers i.e. their purchase history.
    This may sound a simple problem, but I dont know how to register users to my site. I need to know where I can store these files after they have registered and how i can impement them after they have registered anyone have any ideas?

Do you use server side languages like PHP,Perl etc.?

Swon

no only java and javascript

If I understood you correctly:

If you want to store any files on the server you need something like PHP or anything else, cause with javascript you can't save anything into a file or a database because it works on the client Side.

Swon

PHP?

How do i implement PHP within javascript and my site??..any start up ideas?

talk to your server peoples, ask them if php runs on the server. If so, then you can start learning PHP!

http://www.php.net/

Swon

hi,
    i would start by looking at either ASP or php, and looking at linking backend databases to your web pages. Like swon has said you need to use a server side technology.
    Start by developing a database to store your information then you can work on code to work the database.
    Next thing would be to configure a web server on your pc for developemnt purposes. If your using ODBC for you connection then you need to configure that as well. Once is is done your ready to start your coding. You need to chose a technology to use, learn the code and write your pages.

hope this helps
    ----------------------------------

Thread Information