www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The best PHP code generator, Give your opinion

The best PHP code generator, Give your opinion

Hey,

I'm a huge fan of PHP code generators, can tell you that i use two of then and can't live without then, any of you EVER used any php code generators? tell me how was it and we can talk about it.

There is two diferent types, database driven (there is realy alot of this type) such as codecharger, and we have application oriented type such as scriptcase.

Do you guys use php code generators? yes/no WHY? let me know

Haven't really used any, other than a little bit of what StarUML can generate. I did write one for a client, though (creating input forms, form-handlers, and SQL for database tables).
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

I dont know why ppl dont use it, it REALY make me develop tree times faster.

Quote Originally Posted by SecarBlue View Post
    I dont know why ppl dont use it, it REALY make me develop tree times faster.
    Because if it makes it too easy, then they could hire anyone to do my job.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."

eBookworm.us

Using then you still need to do the hardest parts, but you are going to save time doing the esier and boring part automatically.

Can I recomend you some?

You can recommend all you want -- though I'd be mildly surprised if any of them had much use in the current environment I'm working in (a proprietary, Java-Struts-inspired PHP framework using a combination of PDO/PostreSQL and Mongo).

eBookworm.us

I realy cant beat that, I have something similiar as you have and i still use scriptcase and codecharger!

I have to admit I can't live without then anymore, im to used to then, they spoiled me!! hehe

I really haven't heard of such a thing. I'm sure they exist. It's really just another compiler compiler type of thing, with a GUI front-end I guess.

I can't say if they're useful or not, they seem proprietary. I have seen some really nice proprietary stuff. Unfortunately there was a HUGE learning curve, and it's a complete lock-in. I saw this one tool, it was AMAZINGLY powerful for creating PHP/mysql things, it was so nice, and it even set up the server,sql server, and PHP for you. I mean, you can basically just pop right into week 2 or 3 after a few minutes. Unfortunately, the back-end was a GIANT FREAKING MESS. The database schema was complete trash. I don't just mean garbage, I mean there was nothing correct at all. Everything was obscure and there was an unacceptable amount of repetitive data. It used two tables for something that requires at least 6 (at 3N anyways). All of the columns were named 'n','v','w'... Now editing something in this system requires I have the software which is a lock-in if I've ever heard one.

Sure they're faster, but what's the trade off?
    It sounds like something for a business environment, not a hobbyist. Make a video of you using one and put it on a video host so we can see what it looks like and the end result.
    Last edited by eval(BadCode); 10-10-2011 at 05:56 PM.
    I use (, ; : -) as I please- instead of learning the English language specification: I decided to learn Scheme and Java;

Quote Originally Posted by eval(BadCode) View Post
    I really haven't heard of such a thing. I'm sure they exist. It's really just another compiler compiler type of thing, with a GUI front-end I guess.

I can't say if they're useful or not, they seem proprietary. I have seen some really nice proprietary stuff. Unfortunately there was a HUGE learning curve, and it's a complete lock-in. I saw this one tool, it was AMAZINGLY powerful for creating PHP/mysql things, it was so nice, and it even set up the server,sql server, and PHP for you. I mean, you can basically just pop right into week 2 or 3 after a few minutes. Unfortunately, the back-end was a GIANT FREAKING MESS. The database schema was complete trash. I don't just mean garbage, I mean there was nothing correct at all. Everything was obscure and there was an unacceptable amount of repetitive data. It used two tables for something that requires at least 6 (at 3N anyways). All of the columns were named 'n','v','w'... Now editing something in this system requires I have the software which is a lock-in if I've ever heard one.

Sure they're faster, but what's the trade off?
    It sounds like something for a business environment, not a hobbyist. Make a video of you using one and put it on a video host so we can see what it looks like and the end result.
    That is true, i have to agree with you on that, but imagine that into a system you will have to create 5 forms an grids, all linked, or with master detail or a nested grid, simple but you will lose what, 1 day doing it? OK! i will not, this dont requeire a large amount of performance, i will use scriptcase and do it in 30mins inteand of 8 hours, that ok for me.

I hope someday they fix the interface, the version 6.0 is comming out we will see how it will be. *praying*

What the hell ... ?
    Jon Wire

thepointless.com | rounded corner generator

I agree with Apple. Flash is just terrible.

Use CODE tags!

Quote Originally Posted by svidgen View Post
    What the hell ... ?
    What was it?! Let me know!!

I like PHP Runner

Its simple to use and understand. I can develop great apps in minutes with this tool. I have not used scriptcase. Can anyone tell me the difference

Tasleem
    Q Soft Web Solutions

i ve never used any, but will love to try plz let me know if there is some free ?

They are not free but you can try them for free

Most of these tools are available to try for free

I am not a developer but I want to build simple and advance web application without writing any code or script will it possible by have software like PHP Runner & scriptcase.

For e.g
    I want to create a php plug-in for open cart to import csv file using head column mapper
    I want to create a web application what we have excel macro. Which generate graph and billing report?

Thread Information