www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Cross browser problems

Threaded View

Question Cross browser problems

Hi everyone,

This is driving me mad, and I'm hoping someone will be able to help me!

There are a few different issues, so I hope you'll be able to bear with me ;-)

Here is the site: http://www.manorhouseforestschool.co.uk/news/wordpress

1. Firstly, I've tried to change the url so it removes the /wordpress/ in the usual way (by changing the site address url), but it won't let me do it. The last time I tried, the entire site went down, and I couldn't retrieve it using any of the methods in the Wordpress FAQ, so had to completely re-install. Can anyone see any reason why it wouldn't let me change the URL??

2. If you're logged into the site, the display completely changes, shifting down by about 50 pixels ... any idea why this is? I know sometimes it shows admin settings at the top of the page, and that can account for it, but this doesn't show anything, so I don't know why it's still shifting down?

3. In Safari, it doesn't seem to be reading from the CSS properly! The site shows with no formatting except colours??!!

4. I've not used Wordpress for external login before, but this one includes a forum, so requires it. I really don't like the registration page, it takes you to a page where you can set up a profile, but it's outside of the main site, and there's no easy way to get back to the site ... does anyone know how I can make the registration like any other page in the wordpress site, i.e. the menu's etc are still on the page?

Thanks in advance for your help - this site has really been a lifeline for me of late!

Nikki

P.S. Sorry, realised the title really doesn't do this query justice! Realised I had many more questions once I started typing ...
    Last edited by NikkiC123; 10-10-2011 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Update

Thread Information