I'm working on my website at http://www.inflationeffects.com
This is a new website and it still hasn't had many visit
I don't know why
Can you view my site and give me some advise so that I can fix
Visually it's ok, simple, not confusing, not annoying in any way (checked in Chrome only though).
Validator spits out a few markup errors, so you could look into that if you care.
You mentioned the site is new, so I was going to suggest it normally takes 4-6 weeks before the site is indexed by Google, but then I noticed some article on your site is dated June 2011 - which means it's been a while.
You've got analytics, have you got webmaster tools (it could give you some clues)?
If you search for 'SEO' chances are you're gonna end up with one of them bs / scam companies - AVOID! There is really no magic about it:
1) Ensure good content, well marked up, let the <title> have some keywords, etc. - plenty of info about good markup around
2) Check schema.org for how you can enhance your site with some machine-readable microdata -> (what's there is totally approved by Google / Yahoo / Bing)
3) Submit your site, valid sitemap, avoid crawl errors
4) Build links to your site - participate in forums (signature), twitter, facebook etc. - DON'T SPAM!
5) Paid adverts if you want to
6) Be patient
Oh yeah, and you may wanna get rid of that Disallow from your robots.txt
Last edited by touch_the_sky1; 10-17-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Reason: Forgot to add link to useful resource