www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reciprocal Link

Reciprocal Link

Reciprocal Links is beneficial or not?

Yes it is very much beneficial for getting good ranking and get promoting of the sites

Yes Reciprocal is beneficial if that site is a good pr site , it has good amount of inbound links

In the case of reciprocal links you provide the links your site in exchange of links so by this your websites out bound links increases in that ratio of taken links. So it can be harmful for your website position so i suggest only one way links. For this you cover links from those sites which do not asking for reciprocal, or you can cover links from blog comment, classifieds, article submission, forum posting etc.. for effective result.

Definitely reciprocal links are beneficial, but only when done with quality websites. Why? because it indicates that the inbound links to your websites are good. Thus affecting your ranking.

As a suggestion, if your have to link exchange with a quality website, you have to first improve the quality of your website.

Reciprocal Link Building is a process based on an agreement between two sites (two routes) to link together.
    The idea is very simple - web sites to increase site traffic and popularity of visitors to each other.
    However, search engines have evolved, and that you should know that there are many hidden drawbacks that can really make your site to let the maps of the search engines. Reciprocal Link Building is about backlinks and you should always link your site to similar sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliviamadison View Post
    It is benificial for the owner from the directory but not for the submitter of the link in the deirectory.

Yes reciprocal link is good for seo if the link is according to your website and have good PR. Through this method you can increase your website's search engine ranking as well as traffic.

Obviously one way links are preferable as you are receiving without giving anything away. Reciprocal links can be part of an overall link building strategy, but be choosey about your link partners i.e. they should be relevant to your site and ideally of a higher page rank. Also be sure to check that your links on their site are placed originally and are kept there.

Re:Reciprocal Link

Reciprocal link is not beneficial, always one way or three way links are more beneficial for a website. If you get a link from a related site and give link from the same site, Google will treat this in negative approach.

Quote Originally Posted by peter-123 View Post
    Reciprocal link is not beneficial, always one way or three way links are more beneficial for a website. If you get a link from a related site and give link from the same site, Google will treat this in negative approach.
    Google guidelines say that you should not have excessive reciprocal links or excessive link exchanging. They also say that you should not have links intended to manipulate pagerank, which rules out doing just about everything!! Links should build naturally because your content is good and other sites want to link to you.
    I don’t know how many reciprocal links would be regarded as excessive, there isn’t a figure given, but if you have less than an excessive amount of them then it follows that it isn’t a negative. I have 100 reciprocal links out of a total (according to Google Webmaster Tools ) of 3900 so that’s 2.5% and I haven’t been penalised.
    For me the main advantage of these type of links is that I can get relevancy from them. Of course we all want one-way links but I would argue that a site will appear more natural if it has a blend of different types.
    I am not convinced about three way links because of the lack of control over who the link partners are. It may effectively give one-way links but if they are from an irrelevant site and/or with low PR it isn’t going to help.

There are no benefits of reciprocal linking as such. Sometimes these links are from websites that are not relevant enough, its more like “link-on -request” case where you are not getting a link organically but you are requesting one. It is highly discouraged by Google and is used to manipulate rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by eliza189 View Post
    There are no benefits of reciprocal linking as such. Sometimes these links are from websites that are not relevant enough, its more like “link-on -request” case where you are not getting a link organically but you are requesting one. It is highly discouraged by Google and is used to manipulate rankings.
    Is there an error in the homepage given in your profile? I ask because it is stated as http://www.rapidsofttechnologies.com but if I go there and click on the Resources link I am taken to a page where there is a section "How to exchange links with Rapidsoft Technologies" which details exactly how someone can arrange a reciprocal link with that site.
    That can't be right given your assertion that there are no benefits of reciprocal linking as such?

Reciprocal links are beneficial if google not able to caught you but as soon as you caught Google knows what they do with your website.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliviamadison View Post

Reciprocal Links is beneficial if you are giving link to high page rank sites than your sites page rank and you getting a link from that site in exchange of this.
    Last edited by mtrick; 01-02-2012 at 05:22 AM.

Thread Information