dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: E-Commerce Development Project

Question E-Commerce Development Project

Hi,

We have a fashion e-commerce website to develop. After IA and graphic design work were completed in-house, we tried to outsource the development portion overseas to no avail. (Two times, we got stuck with sleazy hustler types.) Having wasted a lot of time already, now we are left with an option of increasing our budget, and finding someone here in the New York City, or at least in the country. We have all the PSDs, and detailed point-by-point instructions plus IA-related documents like process flow. We need someone (or a couple of partners) to finish front- AND back-end, ideally by next spring.

I have a few questions as to finding someone:

1. What jobsites would be good for posting an ad?
    2. Are agencies worth it when we can screen in and out candidates? 40% commission sounds way too hefty...
    3. What would be a ballpark figure and timeline? The site is fairly high-end. We have 56 PSDs, and some of them have layer overlays. We would need a good jQuery person, especially.
    4. If it's off-site, what would be a good way to monitor the time being charged?
    5. The last guys started this in Magento although they didn't make much progress beyond their template. Would it make sense to find another Magento person, and finish it, or to be more open about the platform in case someone can get it done even quicker?

Feedbacks would be appreciated it.

Though I am not from New York but I can certainly help you doing this project with the help of my team. If you can contact me directly, I will be more than happy to do this job for you. I would need some more details about the project and then I can kickstart it.

Best Regards,
    Umair Maqsood
    Marketing & Sales Manager
    RED SIGNAL

Hello!

We would like to be of help with this project.
    Although we are not from the NY city, we can assure you of getting quality works, meeting deadlines.
    Kindly reach me through email if you are interested at nicole@wickedinnovations.com

I'll be glad to accommodate.
    Lets talk further over email regarding your concerns and our suggestions.

Thanks,
    Nicole

Thread Information