dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Displaying attendance on a web page

Displaying attendance on a web page

I wish to display attendance in a table where the dates are horizontally on top and Names verticalyy on left. Sof far is simple. But what i am not able to do is (for printing purposes) mark Sundays or Holidays so that the word is shown across the column. For display purposes, i am showing in different colour. We have only a b/w printer and greying it would wate a lot of ink

How should i put this in html./php/javascript This would be for 30 or 31 days to be fit in one A4 page

regds and thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

This is not an especially elegant solution, but you could do it with PHP code to build an HTML table. First build the header row with the days. Then code a couple of loops, the outer loop for the rows in the table (one for each name), and the inner loop for the days, creating one <td> cell for each attendee containing "P" or "A" or whatever you desire.

I won't give you all the code, but when the day is Sunday or a Holiday, you will need to create only one <td> at the first attendee row, like this:

echo '<td rowspan="' . $cntnames . '">';
    echo 'S<br />U<br />N<br />D<br />A<br />Y</td>';

This should display "SUNDAY" vertically, filling the whole column.

Lightbulb Elegant solution

Thanks for the reply.

I could not think of a better way than this for presenting the attendance for the entire month.

As you have pointed out that this is an inelegant solution then how can i make it more elegant

Thread Information