www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Iframes, targets and anchors in same click?

Iframes, targets and anchors in same click?

I am working on a webpage. the web page contains a menu and 2 Iframes the top iframe displays a jalbum/fotoplayer slideshow. the lower Iframe displays information about the services we offer. what I am trying to do is when the user clicks a menu item relating to a service we offer, the webpage scrolls down to show the lower Iframe and have the lower Iframe show the text relating to to the choice.

so, what I think I need is to have one click action link an anchor (to scroll the screen down), and target the lower iframe to fill it with the page link.

this is an example of the code I am using to fill the lower iframe with data

<li><a href="the_full_experience.html" target="secondframe">The Full Experience</a></li>

how do I get the browser to scroll down at the same time?

I might have a few other issues, but so as to not over complicate things, I will start wth this one.

Does it matter if it scrolls or jumps?

HTML Code:
    <a href="the_full_experience.html" target="secondframe" onclick="document.location.hash='secondframe'">The Full Experience</a>

<iframe id="secondframe" name="secondframe"></iframe>
    I've switched careers...
    I'm NO LONGER a scientist,
    but now a web developer...
    awesome.

It does not matter if it scrolls or jumps, I am trying to piece this into my code and having a bit of trouble. I will post more of the code to make sure you can see what I am dealing with

<div id="menu">
    <ul id="MenuBar1" class="MenuBarVertical">
    <li><a href="TG_Miss_Packages.html" target="secondframe">Pakages</a></li>
    <li><a href="the_full_experience.html" target="secondframe">The Full Experience</a></li>
    <li><a href="mini_shoots.html" target="secondframe">Mini Shoot</a></li>
    <li><a href="makeup_lessons.html" target="secondframe">Makeup Lessons</a></li>
    <li><a href="MakeOver_Details.html" title="MakeOver Details" target="secondframe">Makeover Details</a></li>
    <li><a href="TG_Miss_Makeover_checklist.html" target="secondframe">Check List</a></li>
    <li><a href="tg_miss_scheduling.html" target="secondframe">Scheduling </a></li>
    <li><a href="tg_miss_testimonials.html" target="secondframe">Testimonials</a></li>
    <li><a href="tg_miss_about_us.html" target="secondframe">About Us</a></li>
    <li><a href="Contact_Us.html" target="secondframe">Contact Us</a></li>
    <li><a href="tg_miss_galleries.html" target="secondframe">Special Galleries</a></li>
    <li><a href="tg_miss_faq.html" target="secondframe">F A Q</a></li>
    </ul>
    </div>

<a name="anchor"></a>
    <div id="flash"><div align="center"><iframe src="jalbumout_refresh/index.html"align="center" width="80&#37;" height="1000" frameborder=0 /></iframe></div>

<div id="secondary_iframe"><div align="center"><iframe src="MakeOver_Details.html" name="secondframe" align="center" width="80%" height="755" frameborder=1 /></iframe></div>

Thread Information