www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Website Review of an IT Company

Website Review of an IT Company

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for Dropping by.

We are an IT company operating since 2005 and we have revamped our website recently. I would love to see what you guys think about our new website and does it need any further editions? I hope I'll be able to get some great positive feedback about it. Do visit www.redsignal.biz and let me know What do you think about it?

Best Regards.

Initial impression is very good.

Loading the left then the right animation on the home page like that makes my head hurt.

The faded nav on the home page is too faint.

I found the nav system cumbersome. Services are listed on the home page, and on the services page itself there is a boring nav on the left, then a fancy nav as the content... all the list of services. It's repeated again and again and is overkill. Make the left nav more interesting and you wont need to repeat it. The about us lists them again, but the home page has a section called the firm, shouldn't that be the about us content?

The header is centered, the footer isn't.

Your blog section doesn't have an obvious link to your blog.

You have lots of content on the home page under sections that aren't in the main nav. Yet your main nav has careers which isn't really a primary nav item. The homepage content is way too wordy. It just reads like a bunch of sales speak mumbo jumbo.

"Our developed websites, designs, content and marketing strategies are our hallmarks."

From a client point of view this is a pointless sentence. Show me the website designs you've done before, tell me what result I can expect from your marketing prowess, link to proven results. ANd don't waste my time or make me work for it. There are many many other sotes offering the same thing. You'll provide the content too! Sweet! Really? that sounds like a bad thing to promise. in my experience I've always insisted client provide 100% of the content.

"View all work" is a teeny tiny link, where in reality it is your biggest advertisement. There's lots of what you _can_ do but not enough easily accessible of what you've done. The web dev world is filled with empty promises. Your portfolio is your store front. It needs to be the primary focus. The view all work doesn't even immediately show examples of your work but to another internal menu...with a sub-menu. You've spread it too thin. You put it all on one page under headers for the different sections you don't need the sub menus and you have one place for a client sot review all your very best recent work.

The apps section needs some apps to play with too! How about an app to showcase your previous work
    Anti Linux rants are usually the result of a lack of Linux experience, while anti Windows rants are usually a result of a lot of Windows experience.

I think look is good but my point of view you need change font size and heading.

Thank you for your reviews people. I really appreciate that.

Thread Information