dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Made a web proposal generator

Hybrid View

Talking Made a web proposal generator

I made an App for a company I work at that helps write proposals quickly. My boss thinks it's a good idea to sell so he put me in charge of the marketing. Here's the website http://webproposalgenerator.com.

There's a demo on the front page and stuff. If you think there can be any improvements either to the front end or the app itself, or even marketing tips, I would greatly appreciate it!

Keep in mind that I'm still constantly improving it and that the app is still quite young.

In no particular order

There are lots of nice glossy icons but the initial impression is spoiled by the old style "P" graphic. Other than that it looks nice and the js is smooth. If you're going to use a single page for all the content you lose the ability for people to bookmark anything other than the index.

If you're going to do a js nav content swap then why not swap the whole page. you seem stuck between wanting to keep the initial content fixed on the screen and using nav to show more. Reality is, you can see the initial content once you scroll down so why not just swap it out, like all the other content.

You have navigation tabs at the bottom of the screen. As the page doesn't reload a user may not see anything happen if they on a link and the content is changing in a lower div. That happened to me and took me a few moments to work it out, and only did because I saw a tiny bit of the div that was changing.

Clicking the demo takes you into a version with no link back to the main page (and your buy button)

I can't read anything in the gallery images, some 100 crops of key features might be nicer. Blurry screen shots dont offer much.

Everyone knows what the F and t buttons are. You don't need Social Media Links in MASSIVE text under them.

In the demo, the fee/tax label could use a javascript click to add field, rather than be set at a fnite amount. Mixing the fee and tax almost imperceptibly is confusing. They need separation.

As it's quite an involved process I'd suggest making a desktop recording of you creating a proposal.

I clicked the link to tangle in ie 8 on win7 and got a jS error (on tangle.ca), "cufon is undefined". As you're selling to web devs I guess you have less margin for error.

Good luck!

Thanks @SyCo We greatly appreciate your feed back. This was exactly what we were looking for. I will definitely implement those changes as soon as I can. Thanks again

You're very welcome!

In the Demo - for your sample - instead of "Hello World" type stuff, use words and names that make sense. Obviously you won't use *real* company names, but if you think of real world examples, "proper name" is like "International Business Machines", but its short name is "IBM" or "American Telephone & Telegraph" goes by "AT&T", etc.

Client Proper Name: M5 Studios Media Production and Marketing, LLC
    Client Short Name: M5 Studios

Quote Originally Posted by nap0leon View Post
    In the Demo - for your sample - instead of "Hello World" type stuff, use words and names that make sense. Obviously you won't use *real* company names, but if you think of real world examples, "proper name" is like "International Business Machines", but its short name is "IBM" or "American Telephone & Telegraph" goes by "AT&T", etc.

Client Proper Name: M5 Studios Media Production and Marketing, LLC
    Client Short Name: M5 Studios
    Thanks for the feedback nap0leon, I really appreciate it. We will change it right away.

Thread Information