www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Easy Question and answer System

Easy Question and answer System

I'm looking for some people to take a look at a poll system I created: Example Poll

FYI Example poll is only 10 questions.

Thanks

PS Any feedback on how the questions answers are would be great!!
    ---------------------
    Hospital Talk and Discussion groups
    http://www.SpryMed.com/

any Ideas or is it good the way it is?
    ---------------------

Hi! I don't really know anything about site design but as a user I liked it.

I get one of those from my medical insurance provider quite often and its along the same lines.

Maybe each question could do without the "Poll: How do you Feel about Your Medical Care" at the top. I found that distracted me a bit from answering the questions quickly.

Also having two parts to the age question seemed to slow the process down a bit.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C)
    Timestamp: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 00:21:54 UTC

Message: Unable to get value of the property '3': object is null or undefined
    Line: 14
    Char: 13
    Code: 0
    URI: http://xslt.alexa.com/site_stats/js/t/a?url=sprymed.com
    IE9 Win7

Page loads are quite slow for me. Mostly around 1.5 seconds but sometimes 5-6 seconds. Divs appear to expand with content so you see the page bg then the divs fill out white. Gives a very jerky look to the page load.

It would benifit from a progress bar. Either as a percentage (text or graphic) or x of y (eg question 3 of 6).

Multiple Qs per page would be nice. The slow pages loads means it a hassle to answer one question per page. a 100 question poll could men 5 to 10 minutes of just page loading (and jerky loads at that). As opposed to worst case one minutes at 10 Qs per page.

Ajax might be a better solution to reloading the page. It'll be faster and not jerk the page around.

WHen you submit the answer it goes right to the next question, no enter value>hit submit. Which is great.

You might want to use jS form submits (or hrefs) rather than the buttons. They look a bit clunky.

The offset background bars look untidy and unbalanced. Unles you're a really talented designer it's hard to make that kind of thing look right. I say keep it simple and it'll look cleaner.
    Anti Linux rants are usually the result of a lack of Linux experience, while anti Windows rants are usually a result of a lot of Windows experience.

thanks for the feed back!!!

I took out the Alexa widget. I'm not sure if some people have tricks to load ads faster.

I'm working on the css/html validation over the next few days. Also I will look into to Win7 and IE9. I'm not a web designer but will see what I can do.

Long term I will look into the Ajax submissions.

Thanks!!
    ---------------------

You're welcome!
    Anti Linux rants are usually the result of a lack of Linux experience, while anti Windows rants are usually a result of a lot of Windows experience.

Thread Information