www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: HTML5 - Show your practical-use example.

HTML5 - Show your practical-use example.

HTML5 has been around for a while now.

Has anyone been able to use HTML5 for a practical purpose?

Would love to hear about what you did with it.

I think 3D CSS transformations that are coming are going to change User Interface possibilities, I think we are entering a new age of interactive websites.
    Did you do your website html homework today? make french toast bora Stanley Kubrick's 2001 dvd kubrick on DVD.

To be honest I'm not wasting time playing with html5 atm.

It's still in development and won't be officially recommended by the W3C for at least a few years yet. Consequently, browser support for it varies greatly and it's highly probable that the "final" official version of html5 will at least in parts be different to what it is today. So personally, I don't see the point in playing with a half baked recommendation for now.
    Last edited by webdev1958; 12-16-2011 at 06:08 AM.

I've been slowly deploying pages written in HTML 5 with support for older browsers and enhancements that add value for users with browsers that support them. That way I've laid the groundwork for the future with good backwards compatibility. HTML5 is the future and I'd rather have the sites I work on be prepared now rather than have to do a significant redesign later. The specs aren't that mushy and everything I read shows a convergence in syntax support among the major browsers.

With Microsoft making a major push in early 2012 to bring XP users up to IE8 and Vista and Windows 7 users up to IE9 (who will be using IE10 soon thereafter), the time when the percentage of users running browsers that truly support HTML 5 and CSS3 starts to hit 90% is not far off. At that level, I'm all in.
    Rick Trethewey
    Rainbo Design

Quote Originally Posted by rtrethewey View Post
    ....HTML5 is the future and I'd rather have the sites I work on be prepared now rather than have to do a significant redesign later......
    But since html5 is still in development and won't be officially recommended by the W3C for at least a few years from now, there is a reasonable possibility that pages created today with the current state of html5 will break in the future as development in html5 continues.

Also, I'm not sure html5 is the way of the future. Pages written in html4 strict or xhtml strict will continue to happily keep working. html5 will also allow elements that were previously deprecated and is much slacker in what it allows as valid code. That is not a forward step and so you may as well throw validating html5 code out the window.

Adobe now supporting HTML5

Our developers have been exploring HTML5 for a while, but with some of the latest developments (<Adobe) it's seeming to be the way things are headed. One of our developers, Lars Jacobson, wrote more about it on our company blog; he included a lot of examples (including one he made) as well as some helpful compatibility charts. It might be of interest to you.

HTML5ís 3D developments increase its options: a look into WebGL and CSS3 3D Transforms - White Horse

Thread Information