www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Google.com shows different search results?

Google.com shows different search results?

Google.com shows different search results for different country ?

That’s because Google’s search results are fine-tuned to the geographic location of the searcher i.e. Google uses geo-location signals to display results.

If Google is finding your website good for any specific country (or may be your target country)..... Then it shows your website on top listings for that country.

There are other factors that cause variation as well, including time of day, day of the week, season of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by mtrick View Post
    Google.com shows different search results for different country ?
    Yes, Google shows different search results for different country. This is because Google use different data center for different country.

It also depends on what your competitors are doing, i.e. which countries they are targeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkjackson View Post
    Yes, Google shows different search results for different country. This is because Google use different data center for different country.
    i am not asking about Google search results , i am asking about domain google.com results??

Quote Originally Posted by mtrick View Post
    i am not asking about Google search results , i am asking about domain google.com results??
    Maybe you could have made that more clear in the original question!
    Google will assume that you want to use it's engine for the country you are in,
    as the search results are localized for that country. For example I am in Turkey, so if I search for google.com I am taken to google.com.tr

However, my target market is outside of Turkey so I have set my browser to open in the main google.com site. I also check my rankings at google.co.uk
    but that's just for me, you can view whichever country version of google you want to.

Thread Information