www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Do i use pho to script this radio button thing i want to do

Do i use pho to script this radio button thing i want to do

I want to make a sort of application with a database for this fan group of a video game. Basically its going to be a recipe database where fans could click check boxes of what ingredients they have and then press submit button and up would pop up all the recipes you can make with those items etc. I'm not sure where to start. I am comfortable making the radio buttons for selections but scripting it I'm very unsure. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be great. Thanks!

*I mean PHP in title not pho, just a mistype
    Last edited by gellegbs; 12-16-2011 at 02:02 PM. Reason: mistyped title

Probably yes, PHP for your server scripting, and MySQL for your database.

Dave

Make it

Also look into AJAX and jQuery, as this will help you construct a more fluid user interface for this type of thing.
    Did you do your website html homework today? make french toast bora Stanley Kubrick's 2001 dvd kubrick on DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by gellegbs View Post
    If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be great. Thanks!
    This would be a real pita if you were restrcted to doing it all server side - using only html, css and javascript.

So in all likelihood, you will need a server side scripting language (PHP, ASP, Java-which is much more than a scripting language, etc etc) for the server side processing, a database and SQL to handle the db queries and transactions and finally javascript for the client side functionality. You don't need jQuery at all for this, unless you really want to or must use it for some reason.

thanks for the replies it was very helpful

Thread Information