www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: OS / Browser issues

Hybrid View

OS / Browser issues

Hi there,

I've been trying to sort this issue for ages, but it's really difficult because I can't see it!! My client is using XP / Firefox and sees the front page all messed up.

This is the page:
    http://www.manorhouseforestschool.co.uk/

This is what he's said:
    The home screen is behaving funny again with the navigation bar flickering up and down like before. Also one of the 3 acorns is in the pictures down the side of the home screen and all the writing when you click on the acorns appears in green on top of the manor house logo and cannot be read.

I've tried different computers running different operating systems and every browser imaginable and I can't re-create what he's seeing. I've tried everything I can think of, but every time I ask him if it's been fixed, he says the issues remain ... aaaargh!!

Can anyone help me to put this right? Pretty please??!!!

Many thanks

Nikki

I can't reproduce his problem either, but it's always best to have a document that validates with no errors, especially having a DOCTYPE. I'd start by correcting those, perhaps that'll fix it.

Dave

Thanks for your reply! Oops, I forgot I removed the Doctype, I was trying something out, and now when I try and add it back in, it makes it display even more wrong! Aaargh!

Anyway, it turns out the guy has an 800x600 screen resolution ... bugger! I'm looking for a quick fix, since he's probably way, way in the minority and I don't want to have to re-build the whole site. Does anyone know of a quick, easy way, possibly using php to say that if screen resolution is 800x600, then all elements on page should be, say, 70%???

TIA!

Nikki

I'm looking at it with a 1440x900 resolution and get the same issues the other guy gets in Firefox. It looks normal in IE.

Thanks, Spufi ... hmmmm, that is a worry, since that's a higher resolution than my screen, and I assumed the problem would only be with lower resolution screens.
    Can anyone help me solve this once and for all??!!
    Many thanks!

I tried it at home and my resolution is around the one I posted earlier. It's a Firefox issue. My guess is somewhere in the script code. I'll blame the animation of the leaves falling, but I don't know enough about JavaScript to be able to help.

Thread Information