www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Windows 7 Issue with YouTube

Windows 7 Issue with YouTube

Has anyone else had Windows 7 start acting up after much useage of YouTube? (My browser is FireFox 9.01)

Windows? No, no Windows issues for me (I still have 3.6.25). For several days/weeks at a time, I had multiple YouTube tabs opened and I simply put the computer in standby/hibernate when I wanted it off and had no issues. Occasionally (even without YouTube) it'll get a little laggy, so I save the session and reboot and things are fine.

I've heard so many horror stories about the way Firefox has been lately and I feel no temptation to move up from 3.

Thumbs up firefox 9.01 is not comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by EricG1793 View Post
    Windows? No, no Windows issues for me (I still have 3.6.25). For several days/weeks at a time, I had multiple YouTube tabs opened and I simply put the computer in standby/hibernate when I wanted it off and had no issues. Occasionally (even without YouTube) it'll get a little laggy, so I save the session and reboot and things are fine.

I've heard so many horror stories about the way Firefox has been lately and I feel no temptation to move up from 3.

I think you are current. there have some adons are not installed with Firefox (9.01) so I came back to 3

Major bump here I know, but one day Firefox updated itself without asking me. My favorite theme, Gradient iCool, doesn't work after 3. And lately, in Windows 7, it gets extremely laggy when I have more than a few tabs open... as in, click a link and nothing happens for a few seconds, or type and nothing shows up for several seconds at a time. Fine in IE, and fine with FF in Ubuntu. I have 8 GB (though the Windows side is 32-bit) and things run well in general so I blame FF. AVG always tells me FF is using a high amount of memory (in the 700s MB when it notifies).

Yeah Ihave Window 7 in my computer. You must download adobe flash player to play videos in Firefox.

Thread Information