dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: jQuery Vertical Hover Scroll...

Hybrid View

Exclamation jQuery Vertical Hover Scroll...

Hey guys

I've been trying to make my own version of other plugins out there as I cannot find one that works correctly.

The hover scroll I'm trying to make works on a div with the css overflow-y:hidden; and scrolls up and down (without any scroll bars showing) easily and smoothly.

Here's some examples of what I'm trying to accomplish:

http://rascarlito.free.fr/hoverscroll/
    http://logicbox.net/jquery/simplyscroll/vertical.html
    http://www.smoothdivscroll.com/v1-2.htm (this one is the kind of smoothness I'm looking for)

But because it only works with ul and not div, it's out of the picture, as the same with other jQuery plugins I've found.

I have created the basic outline of what I need, it's just not quite working, it's not smooth and it has a few bugs in and only goes so far.

Here's what I've got so far:

http://jsfiddle.net/n3Q9j/

Any help tidying this up making it work better/smoother would be great.

If you find nothing else, you could try this script: http://scripterlative.com/files/cursordivscroll.htm, but it wasn't written by a JQueer.

You guys are useless.

Every time I have been on these forums, I have always come across people who don't have a clue what they're talking about. I've found the problem myself, it's quite an easy fix once you've slept on it. The hidden div height is of course different to the actual hight of the div that's showing on screen.

Good day,

Your question interested me and I was going to spend some time solving it for fun, but having read your last post I've decided to solve another problem for you:

You seem to be under the impression that the members of this forum are here to help you (or others). While I've seen many expert solutions provided on this site, this is merely incidental and based on the whim and expertise of the individual member giving the solution.

In fact, people join this forum - as with any forum - because they like to discuss and read about the topic, in this case javascript. If they want to help others that's their business and not something you should feel entitled to. I also expect people will feel less inclined to help if you complain about the lack of help.

I hope this helps you get a better result from any future posts you make here.

Quote Originally Posted by interfacetricks View Post
    Good day,

Your question interested me and I was going to spend some time solving it for fun, but having read your last post I've decided to solve another problem for you:

You seem to be under the impression that the members of this forum are here to help you (or others). While I've seen many expert solutions provided on this site, this is merely incidental and based on the whim and expertise of the individual member giving the solution.

In fact, people join this forum - as with any forum - because they like to discuss and read about the topic, in this case javascript. If they want to help others that's their business and not something you should feel entitled to. I also expect people will feel less inclined to help if you complain about the lack of help.

I hope this helps you get a better result from any future posts you make here.
    Good day to you too Sir.

I have been apart of many forums from all sectors such as cars and web design and the general take people have is 'commuting'. You help others out, useful information when they need it and you gain your so called 'credit' or 'respect'.

I have helped many people on this forum solve their problems and have passed on my business that was my own to them so they can learn, giving others opportunities that they would not find elsewhere.

I have posted quite a few small problems myself on this forum as well, most of which I've found the answer in a couple of seconds after posting. In this case, my outburst was from pure frustration after spending the last 18 hours solid working on a website to ask for another view from someone else and having a reply of 'this wasn't written by a jQueer'.

I understand your frustration, and apologise for being off the mark in my criticism.

I will suggest that if you say "you guys are useless" when there was only one guy responding, people may wonder what "guys" you meant. The next sentence: "Every time I have been on these forums, I have always come across people who don't have a clue what they're talking about." might be taken as meaning the forum in general is your target.

Perhaps you meant "you subset of forum members who don't have a clue what you're talking about, are useless", but I don't think that's how most would take it.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerousprince View Post
    You guys are useless.

Every time I have been on these forums, I have always come across people who don't have a clue what they're talking about. I've found the problem myself, it's quite an easy fix once you've slept on it. The hidden div height is of course different to the actual hight of the div that's showing on screen.
    Hello There,

My first time on these forum. Stumbled on your code while trying to achieve pretty much the same thing. How did you eventually solve the problem that prevented the div from scrolling through all of the content. Thanks.

Thread Information