www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in .js line 42

Exclamation Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in .js line 42

hey guys I get this error
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/ebookrev/public_html/themeframe/templates/javascript/DD_roundies_0.0.2a.js on line 42

there is the line 42
    Code:
    document.writeln('<?import namespace="' + this.ns + '" implementation="#default#VML" ?>');

First of all, it looks like the JS page is being built dynamically. The <? ... ?> tags are probably being processed by a compiler if it is set up that way. That doesn't look like an error you would get in a browser console, but since you did not provide any other useful information I am just speculating.

If that .js file is in fact being built in PHP then you need to change the + to .

Otherwise, without useful information I cannot help. Give more detail bud.
    Free, Quick, SEO Friendly Backlinks: XEGS.com Web Directory

Free Image Hosting

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ScottAN View Post
    First of all, it looks like the JS page is being built dynamically. The <? ... ?> tags are probably being processed by a compiler if it is set up that way. That doesn't look like an error you would get in a browser console, but since you did not provide any other useful information I am just speculating.

If that .js file is in fact being built in PHP then you need to change the + to .

Otherwise, without useful information I cannot help. Give more detail bud.
    you can find out the full script here
    http://ebook-review.org/themeframe/t...dies_0.0.2a.js

It's not a JavaScript error. I think this is being parsed when you don't want it to be. You want the following, or something similar, to appear on the page?
    Code:
    <?import namespace="DD_roundies" implementation="#default#VML" ?>
    Well, the server thinks (I imagine), that you have PHP or some other server-side language embedded there, and is trying to parse that. So you'll have to change your server settings so that all files aren't being parsed.

There's probably another solution to deal with this specific file, but without knowing the precise details of your set-up, I don't know enough to say what it is.
    Great wit and madness are near allied, and fine a line their bounds divide.

Thread Information