www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Html5 or Flash?

Html5 or Flash?

Which is best to use when creating a website?

Opinions please.
    Share on Google+

Umm ... If it's just a website, certainly not flash.

If it's web-based, 3D MMORPG ... sure, use flash. Otherwise, no flash ... flash is just terrible.
    Jon Wire

thepointless.com | rounded corner generator

I agree with Apple. Flash is just terrible.

Use CODE tags!
    Share on Google+

I agree with svidgen. Websites should not be in flash. Web applications or games, yes, but not a website itself.
    I'm always up for networking with fellow web professionals. Connect with me on LinkedIn if you like!
    Share on Google+

Keep in mind that neither iPhone, nor iPad support Flash.
    Share on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by cbVision View Post
    I agree with svidgen. Websites should not be in flash. Web applications or games, yes, but not a website itself.
    I would add that pagination should not exist on the web.. except to distribute the load of image/video-heavy sites. But of course, marketing always finds a way to monetize on visitors.
    Share on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by subc View Post
    I would add that pagination should not exist on the web.. except to distribute the load of image/video-heavy sites. But of course, marketing always finds a way to monetize on visitors.
    Interesting ...
    Jon Wire

Use CODE tags!
    Share on Google+

Can you elaborate? What type of pagination should not be used?
    I'm always up for networking with fellow web professionals. Connect with me on LinkedIn if you like!
    Share on Google+

On the flip side, HTML5 isn't officially out, nor fully supported.
    Share on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by cbVision View Post
    Can you elaborate? What type of pagination should not be used?
    As in "Here is this news article.. but is broken down on 8 pages"
    of course, every page is filled with ads so that by visiting a single article over 8 pages, a user creates more than one impression on ads = increased profitability for whoever runs the site.

My opinion about the web is that being electronic and all, most articles/blog posts/instructions/reviews can (and should) be posted in a single page and increase the viewer's likelihood of coming back on a regular basis.

The exception being actual online manuals/books where content is arranged in sections/chapters
    Share on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by subc View Post
    As in "Here is this news article.. but is broken down on 8 pages"
    of course, every page is filled with ads so that by visiting a single article over 8 pages, a user creates more than one impression on ads = increased profitability for whoever runs the site.

My opinion about the web is that being electronic and all, most articles/blog posts/instructions/reviews can (and should) be posted in a single page and increase the viewer's likelihood of coming back on a regular basis.

The exception being actual online manuals/books where content is arranged in sections/chapters
    Ever consider that pagination is sometimes good for the UX? I don't, for instance, want to see 100 search results on a single page.
    Jon Wire

Use CODE tags!
    Share on Google+

No doubt Html5.....
    Share on Google+

No website should be in Flash, that's the absolute rule. I remember Flash-based websites being in-trend 5-6 years ago, and maybe even more.
    Share on Google+

Neither. HTML5 isn't fully supported yet, so if you want your website to be widely accessible, it's useless for now. Flash won't show up on Apple OSx devices.

If you're making a normal website, your best bet is to either use Wordpress, Dreamweaver, or plain HTML/CSS.
    Share on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by Evenjos View Post
    Neither. HTML5 isn't fully supported yet, so if you want your website to be widely accessible, it's useless for now. Flash won't show up on Apple OSx devices.

If you're making a normal website, your best bet is to either use Wordpress, Dreamweaver, or plain HTML/CSS.
    Knock it off. Since when has any version HTML ever been fully supported across the board? (hint: never.)
    Jon Wire

Use CODE tags!
    Share on Google+

Make website with HTML 5 it will be best for visitor . Because sometime flash take more time for loading animation than html 5
    Share on Google+

Thread Information