www.webdeveloper.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Html5 or Flash?

iPad sales are surging (15 million in Q4 2011) so any Flash based site won't be accessible to all those computers. Not to mention all those people that keep Flash disabled in their browser for security reasons.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by svidgen View Post
    Knock it off. Since when has any version HTML ever been fully supported across the board? (hint: never.)
    True!!!

Thanks for all your input. Are any of you employed by a web design company? As im curious as to which an employer would encourage their employees to use, with HTML5 being open source and Flash being very expensive.

Becky

Quote Originally Posted by Becky2508 View Post
    Thanks for all your input. Are any of you employed by a web design company? As im curious as to which an employer would encourage their employees to use, with HTML5 being open source and Flash being very expensive.

Becky
    You have to know your audience. Millions of people (with tablets, etc.) can't use Flash. The are also millions of people that can't use HTML5 (old browsers or JavaScript disabled).

In general, HTML5 is becoming more accessible and Flash is becoming less so.

Quote Originally Posted by Becky2508 View Post

Becky
    Depends on how forward thinking the company is and what their target audience is. Mobile devices are starting to outsell computers. It would seem logical to focus on the growing market that isn't a flash in the pan type of movement.

For me, the first choice would be XHTML Strict, CSS, and JavaScript. HTML5 would be next on the list, just because it has "less" browser support. And I'd say never, ever use flash, especially in combination with the comic sans font.

No doubt flash effects and graphics are better than html5. html 5 has the ability to visualize the jquery and javascript effects and even it is recommended by search engines. I strongly recommend html5

HTML5 for sure. Flash is just...yeah..not nice. It's quite a pain to edit in the future too. Especially for 'simple' changes.

Flash (the language used is called 'Actionscript') is best for creating embedded games onto a web-page

(Except for Java, but it's not for small games like this.)

Stay away from Flash, thats a big no no for the search engines.

The HTML is one of the early programming language developed. It is supported by all the browsers on any kind of system.

Flash is a technology used to create the websites on the Internet. It is a platform that can make the sites attractive and interactive. A designer is equipped with an ability to integrate videos or animation in the web pages.

I guess that the safest answer to this is that it depends on your needs what the best tool is to make your websites with. Sometimes HTML will do the job, sometimes Flash is better. Just don't expect everything out of them.

Hi
    In a simple way both are the best to create a website.But for the purpose the optimization your website I think html5 is best to create a website.Because the flash files make your website heavy.

HTML5 - never flash!

Flash is useful, but the whole website - never.
    & if you are like me and other net savvy individuals we have Firefox without Flash as our main browser. Or worse we haven't even disabled it (not activated), so audio players can detect Flash but not use it and may not switch to HTML5. So use it with that in mind.

Thread Information