www.webdeveloper.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Html5 or Flash?

I think you can go for HTML Websites rather than Flash Websites, because Flash Websites isn't optimized as compared to HTML Websites and now days Optimization is one of the major factor of websites as majority of business is done online and if you don't have visibility you can't develop your business online and same thing can be achieved by website optimization.
    Share on Google+

HTML5 is the best to use for creating a website because it it is more SEO-friendly.
    Halwits - Website and Software Development Company
    Share on Google+

HTML 5 is the best in the world now ................
    Share on Google+

FWIW iPhones don't seem to play mp3's from the HTML5 <audio> tag in my experience. iPhone 4s doesn't and there are a lot of them phones out there. More sopisticated players are OK (eg plug-ins for Wordpress) but my requirement is DHTML in nature which is unresolved. I am looking to detect iPhones and change the audio link to plain old blahblah.mp3 - an Apple evangelist friend reckons (via PHP) that that wheeze will play on anything. He hates JavaScript almost as much as non-Mac computers &/or users.
    Share on Google+

HTML5 is the standard now, and yes, for SEO purposes, the W3C compliance checks make it a priority. Not to mention flash has gone the way of the dodo. HTML5 still has some work ahead but when you consider the cross compatibility of any apps built and how sites can be accessed from any device, it is not even worth looking at further flash development. even games, plenty of apps for creating HTML5 games. Makes sense, runs in browsers, no plugins.
    Share on Google+

Anyone know a good HTML5 alternative tool as flash must be discarded now - surely??
    Share on Google+

I know html5 and css3. Flash is out of date. Let me know if any one need help with html5, css3, bootstrap etc.
    Share on Google+

Obviously HTML5.
    Share on Google+

HTML5 is better as everyone can play it, with flash you have to download the plugin!
    If a Flash-based site is loaded on a browser that doesn’t have Flash, or even the correct version of Flash in some cases, then all that’s shown is the “Please upgrade Flash” notice. Sure, the developers can make an alternate HTML-only version and have the page show that instead, but then they might as well just make it entirely in HTML to begin with.
    Share on Google+

This thread may have been relevant a few years ago, but is well past it's sell-by date now. Thread closed.
    Share on Google+

Thread Information