www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: My Computer isn't working right

Exclamation My Computer isn't working right

Let's start from day one, my computer froze, I restarted it, then nothing appeared on my monitor and it didn't post. I bought new RAM thinking that would be the issue, it wasn't. I took out the CMOS battery and put it back in, then my computer worked for a day. So I bought a new 3V battery for the CMOS and installed it. My computer worked for 1 day then it froze again. I reinstalled windows 7 then my computer worked again....for 1 day. Now my computer won't turn on again right....I can hear my fans trying to turn on but they seem to struggle.

My computer specs are:
    4GB Corsair DDR3 RAM
    650 W Antec True Power Trio supply
    Asus AM3 mobo
    AMD Quad Core 3.4 processor
    Asus 250 Graphics card
    1.5 T Western Digital Hard drive

So as you can see it's not a cheap computer and most of the parts are new. I've built computers in the past and have never had this issue. I'd hate to keep buying new parts to test it out. Is it the mobo, cpu or power supply most likely?

It looks that it might be board problem man.You must get this checked from a quality maintenance engineer.

Having looked at the specs, even with 20% less power consumption, your power supply is still just enough to boot the system up.

Every device you plug in the board puts a demand on your system and if that demand exceeds the PSU's capacity, the PC will lock up, crash or any number of operational problems can occur from a poor power supply.

Headroom is key, stuffing a cheap and cheerful 1050Watt PSU in your system is better than a PSU that only just delivers.

In my opinion your PSU is not sufficient and swapping out the PSU for a beefier one will mean your system is more stable and has a bit of headroom in the supply to play with which means that your system does not ditch at the first case of a power surge / spike (Which is as bad as a brown out) and the opposite of fluctuations where the supply is interrupted briefly like in a brown out.

Most computer problems can be solved by replacing the power supply for one that can pump out more wattage when needed.

I ordered a new power supply, Antec NEO ECO 620w Continuous ATX 12V v2.3/EPS12V 80 Plus certified active PFC. It's an upgrade from my last one that did last a long time, 5 years. I'm hoping this does fix my problem.

And I actual took a closer look and realized my power supply was only a 550W.

hey when i start my pc so its will not starts and a sound id coming from the C.P.U....a noise like a beep s how can i resolve the problem.............

@Bradd -- Beep codes, look them up for your board manufacturers BIOS. I would say that the problem is with your graphic card, it usually is but still advise you look up the beep code.

Thanks for you Complimant JunkMale's AvataJunkMale

Quote Originally Posted by justbringit85 View Post
    And I actual took a closer look and realized my power supply was only a 550W.
    This should still be plenty.

Thread Information