www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to upload a ready made template?

resolved How to upload a ready made template?

Hello everyone,

I am here seeking advice from wise developers who understand the ins & outs of my dilemma,, I am trying to upload a website template to a free domain I registered for.

This is a link to the template http://www.ac-web.org/forums/showthread.php?t=112761
    & my website is registered on guildlaunch.com.

The template is very huge, with many, many files! I don't know which file to upload to my website!

Guildlauch only allows me to upload ONE CSS file, once I did, nothing changed! Is this a problem with the website providor? Do I need to register somewhere else?

I appologize for my confusing question.. as I am obviously a noob at web design & developing..

Any reply would be of great appreciation,

Thank you guys

You would need paid hosting or a free web host that allows PHP and a database for that template. Your current host may have a server size limit for your free account. I suggest paying for a domain name and hosting.

If you do have a domain name and paid hosting, then the entire template can be uploaded to the root directory (public_html) in one drag and drop operation using FTP.

You can use your control panel or ftp account to upload all the files.Simply use free ftp software like filezilla to upload your template to public directory.

Thread Information