www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Single server; multiple web servers

Single server; multiple web servers

Hello, everyone.

My question is similar to DNA222's question, except opposite.

I have an old PC desktop (XP/SP3) that I am using as a dev server. I have installed SQL Server 2008 R2 on it, as well as XAMPP (Apache + PHP). I'm getting the PHP to work on it, but I'd like to set it up so that I can use the same dev server for working on either PHP or ASP.Net projects without having to enable/disable IIS and Apache, back and forth.

I've got Apache listening on port 80, and IIS (5.1) listening on port 54321. Now, IIS installs to C:\Inetpub\wwwroot, and I've never seen an option to install it anywhere else. I've got the Default Web Server pointing to that location, and I've created a Virtual Directory that points to the same folder as Apache (D:\xampp\htdocs), but the aspx test page that I wrote will not work, I just get a "resource not found" error message.

Can anyone help me to get IIS to work in a directory other than C:\Inetpub\wwwroot?

Thanks,

I had to do this, myself.

I found several .bat scripts that will do all the reconfiguring necessary to move to the drive letter of your choice. Google for "move Inetpub".

Thread Information