dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Use html to write scripts(like php)

lotusin,
    How large are those libraries? Are they not loaded everytime a jquery page loads? Small overhead for development, and large downloads for users, could be the main idea here. Do browsers realize the library is local when consecutive jquery page fetches are made?
    Last edited by WyCnet; 02-14-2012 at 04:56 AM. Reason: spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by WyCnet View Post
    lotusin,
    How large are those libraries? Are they not loaded everytime a jquery page loads? Small overhead for development, and large downloads for users, could be the main idea here. Do browsers realize the library is local when consecutive jquery page fetches are made?
    JsClient is about 100k. I think browser will cache it automatically because it is static content. It won't change with the consecutive fetching progress.

I believe large downloads is not an issue to the lib even for large scale web apps for something with this size.

There is more interesting things for TagCgi. For it is basically using ajax. so when switch to other page by user's click, less content will be transfer to browser than normal web apps if you want. The static and image file only be requested once for TagCgi app but in php or other tech static file will be requested every time although static file caching will happen for traditional web apps most of the time.

By the way. You don't need to care how to use ajax in TagCgi. You just need to use the "html tag" or "xml tag".
    Last edited by lotusin; 02-14-2012 at 07:55 AM.

jQuery is even smaller than jsclient

I could run server-client access tests on libraries and such, once a URL can be provided, from where to load them.

There is gateway timing and computer speed tests HTML page at http://www.wyc3.com top right corner on front page called Diagnose.

When that page loads there are three tests that can be perdormed at the bottom the page. I can include links in those pages. However I have stale page stalemate with my host, so it sort-of-works.

Later for user friendliness, I can prompt for a link, then build locally a page with it on it and show the results, from accessing other sites, hosts, aliens, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by WyCnet View Post
    I could run server-client access tests on libraries and such, once a URL can be provided, from where to load them.

There is gateway timing and computer speed tests HTML page at http://www.wyc3.com top right corner on front page called Diagnose.

When that page loads there are three tests that can be perdormed at the bottom the page. I can include links in those pages. However I have stale page stalemate with my host, so it sort-of-works.

Later for user friendliness, I can prompt for a link, then build locally a page with it on it and show the results, from accessing other sites, hosts, aliens, ect.

Yes interesting but complex pages. willing to help if you need.

lotusin,
    I managed to load jquery.min from a web url, in my tests. Before I could approximately set my local clock based on the true server time, now the times are stale.

I may have to go in through a form post to get it perfect. Now it is only a resource request.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhernandez View Post
    I developed my static site using with HTML tags. I am also developing my blog with html.
    Is it for dynamic programming?

Quote Originally Posted by lotusin View Post
    There is blog project named cgiblog.com. It is writen by pure html without any dynamic scripts(server side scripts also written using HTML). Unbelievable so HTML can be used as PHP.....

XML support added. So you can write codes with HTML or XML in an standard XML file.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhernandez View Post
    No we can not develop dynamic website using with HTML tags. For that you need to develop your site with java, .net or php programming language.
    It is from TagCgi.

One object of TagCgi is to make web developers using XML or HTML to conduct most of the dynamic program developing work by simple HTML or XML tags. Low the investment and boost the performance. Try to simplify the development by XML or HTML prior to the hard complex scripts coding.

As we all know. HTML or XML is not designed for dynamic programming, but actually lots of web developing just arranging, composting, manipulating the data or simple calculation. HTML is specialize in data interpreting so it is very common and easy things to be conducted by extensions of HTML. You also can write XML to conduct the same work with an standard XML file. Writing scripts will be the second option for the economy reason..

Thread Information