I've never felt comfortable working with various huge frameworks out there. I gave Zend a shot for about six months and since then have been mostly using Kohana. But personally I still find myself preferring the approach of 'micro-frameworks' (article here) that do a specific task and for everything else leave the things in developer hands. This means no bloated libraries and no heavy footprint.

As such I've been developing, writing and rewriting and refactoring a small framework that I've mystically named 'WWW Framework' for the better part of last six months.

It is open source (LGPL) and available at SourceForge: WWW Framework.

WWW is a PHP micro-framework that is built loosely on model-view-control architecture and factory method design pattern. It is made for web services, websites and info-systems and is built around a native API architecture, caching and smart resource management. WWW is a compact framework that does not include libraries and bloated features and is developed keeping lightweight speed and optimizations in mind.

WWW comes by default with a view controller and a gateway intended for website functionality with clean URLs and it also incorporates a front-end JavaScript controller.

Documentation about use
A simple tutorial

Mercurial repository is available for developers who are interested in following the development.

It's still quite new and I intend to frequently post more tutorials and updates for the framework. I am sharing it here since some of you just might be interested if you are a likeminded developer and find this exactly to be what you've been looking for