www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Review my Portfolio

Post Review my Portfolio

I am looking for some honest opinions about my portfolio. This is my first project so please let me know the little details that I can build on. Things like what first catches your eye, also suggestions on typography would be a godsend.

http://stevenmaloney.info/

Thank you for your feedback

Overall looks good. I'm not really a fan of the search bar showing up after you hover over the search button though. It should be there by default.

Quote Originally Posted by spufi View Post
    Overall looks good. I'm not really a fan of the search bar showing up after you hover over the search button though. It should be there by default.
    Thank you very much, I have been contemplating changing that for awhile, and that confirms my decision.

The less an end user has to think, the better off you are.

Nice webite! But in some ways it looks to simple with simple layout ... so I think that you need to redesign some elements to make it more attractive!
    Best wishes,
    Fokebox

Things to Know.

I use a browser plugin called Ghostery, which shows all the tracking codes on the website. I only show you are using Google Analytics. If you are only using one software it may not be telling the whole story, as Google increases privacy more and more for their users, you may want to add an extra level of anaytics software to provide more proof of you tracking. Do some research on Google, there are several free software on the net for web analytics. You may also want to use a social media sharing tool to bring more guests in from Social Media websites.

Thread Information