dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: [RESOLVED] Replace Java with PHP

resolved [RESOLVED] Replace Java with PHP

Hello, I'm new to these forums and just wanted your opinions. I have used Java in a website I'm creating to remove text from a text box on click and make various items visible and hidden. I can see a problem where if the client has Java disabled in their browser the page will not run successfully. What alternatives do i have for PHP? Many Thanks

Do you mean you used javascript not java? Any inline updates to the page will have to use javascript. If you have to do it with php you would have to have the form submit first and then PHP could render the page differently. Submitting would either be the user doing it manually or using javascript to trigger it.

Thank you, think i might have solved it now. Yes i meant JavaScript, sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by neilemrich View Post
    Do you mean you used javascript not java? Any inline updates to the page will have to use javascript. If you have to do it with php you would have to have the form submit first and then PHP could render the page differently. Submitting would either be the user doing it manually or using javascript to trigger it.
    I am also new here. Keep learning Java!haha

Wow, so many freshmen here. I am also new here. hope i can make friends with you all and learn Java together and share our own learning experiences

Thread Information