www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you built an HTML5 and/or CSS3 site?

Exclamation Have you built an HTML5 and/or CSS3 site?

We are building a new section on HTMLGoodies (sister site to this one). I need some help and in return, a site you've built might get a free link.

What I'm looking for:

I'm looking for sites built using HTML5 or CSS3 features. If you've built a cool site that uses either of these, then I want to know! What I need (and this should be easy if you built the site) are:

1. The URL of the site
    2. A description (text) of what elements of HTML5 or CSS3 you used.
    3. Information on why you chose HTML5
    4. Anything cool about why/how/where you used HTML5/CSS3 (brag a bit!)
    5. What category your site falls into: entertainment, multimedia, reference, social, education, productivity, sales, other?
    6. Does your site support IE pinning? (if you are not sure, then the answer is no)
    7. What browsers is your site optimized for? (Firefox, IE, Opera, Safari, Chrome, other)

You can pick more than one answer on the multiple choice questions.

I'm looking to get a couple of site ideas TODAY if possible. We are wanting to launch this new section very, very soon - like possibly next week -- so this is a chance to get your site "spotlighted" among the first ones!

I'd prefer business or topics sites versus personal blogs and such.

You can post the information here if you want, or you can email me at bjones@internet.com.

After we launch this new section, we will have a submission for for new sites!

Brad!
    WebDeveloper Site Admin
    Share on Google+

Waiting for someone reply

Eagerly waiting to know about html5/css3?

anyone does help me?
    Share on Google+

richswebpages.com

I used html, javascript, and css doing this site. Its a personal type site, that I showcase new singers and musicians on. Mini youtube, I guess. I did it to keep me busy since I am disabled and wanted to learn to do something new. I am also a senior citizen, or old fffffff man, if you will. I have seen too many people that have talent only on a few sites. I can't compete with the bigger sites and don't try to. I know I have people visiting but since I have a black background, I can't get the counter to show up, so I removed it for now.

Since I am a newbie at programming and developing, it is probably a lousy site, though I have been told its cool. It's my learning site.
    Check it out and give me some pointers, please.
    Share on Google+

http://www.jmcanineservices.com

This site is in HTML 5 and CSS3 still working on some features but its up and running right now.

I used sections and articles alot, I also used the nav tags and header tags when appropriate. I love CSS3 more than the html5 though. Rounded corners and drop shadows sold it for me. I remember having to go into photo shop and making the shadows for websites by hand and then using css to lay it out. CSS3 made it so much easier. Also I love love love the doctype declaration for HTML5. It is actually something I dont have to have a snippet for. My site is primarily optimized for Firefox and Chrome but in IE 9 it checks out just fine. Only thing is the check boxes look a little funny in IE but hell as long as the layout is supported im not complaining. My site does not support IE pinning nor do I care to add such features in the future. I am not fond of IE so I try and not tailor any features for IE into my sites. All i care about in IE is that my layout shows up normal and thats it. Extra features can be forgotten about for them. The site I created is or services for Dog Training. The client also has a custom built admin section to add in Useful links and News articles and will be able to update the Training times as well. Going to add a log in system built by hand for clients and live weather maps as well for the different training locations. I will be using html5's video tag for the video page once I convert the mp4's into something firefox will handle.
    Last edited by PBSWebDesign; 03-06-2012 at 04:24 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WYSIWYG editors will never beat my hand written code!!!! Learn to do it in notepad and learn how to actually control your website! Current Project http://www.jmcanineservices.com
    Share on Google+

HTML5 applications are obviously written using JavaScript. But compared to other

kinds of development environments (like native ones), JavaScript historically

suffers from an important limitation: all its execution process remains inside a

unique thread.

Even though CSS3 is not supported on all browsers yet, many web developer have

started to use some of the techniques that it provides. CSS3 has also introduced a few new selectors. While many

developers overlook selectors and use classes instead;
    Share on Google+

http://www.adytumtechsoft.com/

This web site we make by HTML5 ans CSS3..
    According to your question if you visite our website you get your answer and for more details your can contact us which we show aour contact page..
    Share on Google+

Is this Java also use in the building website?
    Because validation is also need in this.
    Share on Google+

We've now created a form so people can make submissions if they have done something interesting with CSS3 or HTML5. You can see the type of information we are looking for by checking out this entry:

http://www.htmlgoodies.com/HTML5/gal...d=4tsMWxAYGND/

The form as located at:

http://www.htmlgoodies.com/HTML5/gal...bmit-your-site

Brad!
    Share on Google+

Hi !
    I am a web designer. I have problem when I am asked which is good sites statics or dynamics. I am really confused about this. I am looking for any helps.
    Share on Google+

how html5 is different from older versions
    Share on Google+

Yes, i did, its not hard job.
    Share on Google+

Yes I've designed quite a few web sites using HTML5 and CSS3. One example is
    * http://livetrainingsession.com/
    * Used the header, nav, section elements
    * I am an early adopter of new technologies and since I am offering training in HTML5 and CSS I have to put my money where my mouth is
    * Use CSS3 transitions in the top navigation elements, box-shadow, border-radius
    * Site provide online training
    * No IE pinning so far
    * Optimized for Firefox, IE, Opera, Safari, Chrome and support mobile devices
    Last edited by holyhttp; 05-24-2012 at 09:13 PM.
    Share on Google+

Please visit www.ornamentsolutions.com
    for making website and developing desktop applications,graphic designing and online jobs,
    Share on Google+

Thumbs up www.ornamentsolutions.com

Please visit www.ornamentsolutions.com
    for making website and developing desktop applications,graphic designing and online jobs,
    Share on Google+

@ornament, please stay on the topics.
    The site you are promoting is not even designed in HTML5 and even when one looks at the HTML of your web pages, there are too many divs for such a simple layouts, many broken links and unfinished work.
    Share on Google+

Thread Information