Please review our browser game
Hello, please review our real time strategy browser game
Please let us know:
- How well does it work in your browser
- What do you think about the in-game GUI
- What do you think about the other pages (layout, design)
- What can we improve
This is an open source project.
I think the instant pet peeve of mine was not being able to scroll the screen by just using the movement of my mouse. I had to click on the one map to do it.
You can scroll with the arrow keys or click on the map.
Originally Posted by spufi
Did you expect edge scrolling with the mouse?
Originally Posted by beatronix
EDIT: Granted, I have no idea if it can be done in a browser. It's just a staple in those type of games for PCs.
We had this feature once. But we are not sure, if some user my be get confused by the screen-edge-scrolling. Some people my not know those type of PC games.
Originally Posted by spufi
Firstly, I agree re: screen-edge scrolling. It's the first thing I tried to do.
Secondly, I like it. Clear, simple gameplay. I like RTS games and also browser games that don't use plugins. Also lots of potential to expand, add maps, features, etc, down the road.
Thirdly, I suggest pre-loading all your images. For the first little while of playing, half the vehicles show the "image not loaded" symbol when they turn to a certain angle whose picture hasn't loaded yet; Or else they show the gradually-loading-downwards effect of web-images.
Fourth, I would reduce the scale just a bit, so that the tanks/cars are maybe 50-70 percent their current size, so you can fit more on screen without scrolling.
Lastly, I know how to maximise my browser, and don't want to be told to do so. You could say on the loading screen "Works best if your browser is maximised" or something, but leave it up to the user.
Keep up the good work.
Thanks interfacetricks, five really good points.
Especially the "maximise my browser" suggestion. If this is not mentioned, lot of users use a very small windows and do not see the units.
We did another bugfix release:
- We could eliminate some browser hangers
- Load/Unload of transport works now better. Sometime it was hard to load the transporter. We have improved this. The unit must be in the transporter load range and the cursor shows if the unit can be loaded.
- Mission and quest conditions: In the the past, some mission or quest could not be fulfilled. This is foxed now.
- Memory leak during Tomcat deploy. Some threads could not be closed.
- Bot builds to many items. If a bot was stopped the bot was still building units
The graphics for new level and quset completed is improved
www.razarion.com: We are looking forward to your feedback
I like the edge of your website and its set up. Plain and simple.
We did some improvements:
- Sprite map used to prevent image flickering
- Mini map shows items more correctly on large terrains
- Fade in and out fixed if the mission is finished
- High sore table has been redesigned
Please give us some feedback
Score board for high score looks good but you can make some little adjustment in making the text center on columns after the scores.
Thanks for the feedback guys
- We have improved scrolling. Edge scrolling is now possible. Please give it a try
- Quests and missions handling is no better. The quest progress is displayed on the right top corner
- We have also added an in-game chat
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)