www.webdeveloper.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Designing Websites For Mobile Devices

Smile

Sites developed for mobiles are light weighted, of reduced size, has fast loading capability as compared to the site developed for a personal computer.

Hi,
    In this modern age quite a few folks use tablets or Smart phones. Many people browse the internet from their mobile phones. In mobile devices, screens are small; as a result they do not want to display global navigation on every page. Making a website user friendly, easy to navigate, less graphics and providing maximum readability is the focus.
    The main difference between designing a site for a mobile device and a PC are:
    Screen resolution
    Navigation
    Bandwidth
    Image sizes
    Contrast/ Color scheme

Make your own website with OpenWebsiteTutorials

Main Difference is : mobile Website are Developed to
    Size and Content is Main Difference : Normal website designed for large screens and precise mouse clicking, mobile web pages are sized for smaller screens and imprecise finger tapping , maintain two sets of online content one for those who uses mobile and other for desktop .
    Responsive Web Design is Latest Trend .

Responsive web design is the latest trend and its rapidly becoming the only way to a sustainable website in the future.

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic.

If you want to learn more on this topic then you can learn it from here.
    responsive web designing

hello,
    the main factors for the difference in mobile device site and desktop site are:
    Screen Resolution
    Navigation
    Image sizes
    Bandwidth
    Contrast/Color Schemes

If you want the web design for both laptop , desktop and mobile device Responsive html is the best solution for you. Due to mobile screen is too small than a desktop or laptop screen , there is highly chance to collapse the design.

On mobile device mean it is different from your computer or laptop. Because mobile and computer display are different so you need different screen size, resolution, different script.

Nice post it will really help me. Keep up such posting.

Mobile websites are quite different from desktop ones, and they utilize a different approach towards making it successful with mobile users. Smartphone screens have quite limited space, and touchscreen navigation has a peculiar user experience. Here design and functionality are tightly bound. There are some tips that should be taken into account while creating and approving a proper mobile website design.

mobile devices usually have small screens so the design of its pages involves showing only the essential pages. While a website for PC has nearly every option open for deisgners to show their talent.

development of mobile websites are quite different from the websites of computers. the screen size of the mobile is very less than the desktop, the difference of mouse is also there and the images we use in mobile is not same as the image we use in desktop. so there are so many difference in between the mobile and the desktop website development. so if you want to make a website its important to understand all the differences to know whether your mobile and/or desktop website is really worth it or not.

Further to my earlier comments I now think that 480px screen width is the minimum practicable for a responsive site. Below that, you really need a separate mobile-specific site. Otherwise the compromises are too great. E.g. I have an Orange Hollywood smartphone with a 320x240 screen. I use it as a phone etc. and a few mobile-specific sites because I prefer real qwerty keys. I do not (and would not) use it for general browsing. But my generic android phone with a 480x320 screen is usable for browsing.

Fortunately, most smartphones and tablets used for even semi-serious web browsing meet the 480px criterion. So separate mobile specific sites meet the needs of niche markets. Responsive is the way to go for the vast majority of sites.

When developing websites for mobile devices, you have to be really careful as there are extra factors to consider in the process. An example would be flawless, intuitive user interface (e.g. simple navigation).

You can learn more about designing for mobile here: how2createawebsite.org

Thread Information