dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: User Feedback Wanted

User Feedback Wanted

I've written a web site that provides a re-sizable portal though which you can view other web sites.The idea is to make it simpler for web developers to test their sites against a range of virtual devices, by emulating screen sizes from 480 by 360 pixels (a BlackBerry smart phone) to the 2048 by 1536 pixels of the new iPad!

I would like developers to try the app and let me know whether they find it useful etc. What's in it for you? Well, the app is currently open to all users anyway, but that is intended for non-commercial use (which I define as less than 200 uses per month). In return for feedback, I'm offering to register developers as commerial users (up to 1,000 uses per month) for free.

The app is accessed through my site www.emberwebsites.co.uk. Click on "free", input your email address and you will see the EW Emulator page. I hope you will find this useful, but any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

By the way, if anyone is worried about putting in an email address, I have no intention of passing addresses to any third parties, nor of using them for any advertising purpose what-so-ever. It is merely a mechanism to allow me to identify any commercial use of MY site.

I really do want feedback by designers/developers, on whether they find it useful, and if not, why not. So if you are concerned at giving your email address just use "nobody@nowhere.com" or some such.

Thanks.

Just a brief note to say that I've automated the guest login, so you do not need to input an email address, and I've added a demo option for the emulator on the home page of the web site.

All you need to do is select the demo option, then refresh the emulator page to cycle through a range of target websites as they would be presented on a range of screen sizes. I hope this generates some interest in the app because I've put a lot of work into it, and I really would like some feedback. Thanks.

Thread Information