www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Change bg color of drop menu

Hybrid View

Arrow Change bg color of drop menu

Hello,
    Please reference this page: http://www.flagsexpress.com/delete_me.html

This drop menu is a library item that will be on multiple pages of our website.
    The only issue I have is that I'd like to change the font and bg color of the list item that says "Buyer Comparison Chart"
    but I'd like the others to stay gray. Do you know how I'd go about doing that?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, the menu cuts off some of the words I've got on the drop down. Any solutions to that?

Thank you for your time.

Code:
    #navMenu ul li ul li:first-child {background: #f00;}
    I'm always up for networking with fellow web professionals. Connect with me on LinkedIn if you like!

Arrow

Thank you so much! I also need to change the color of the menu item that says "ECONOMY FLAG". But again I'm stumped!

Code:
    #navMenu ul li ul li:nth-child(6) {background: #0f0;}
    I'm always up for networking with fellow web professionals. Connect with me on LinkedIn if you like!

Arrow

Thank you again! How do you know this stuff?? I tried to look it up on the internet after you gave me the first bit of code figuring that I'd be able to find how to highlight areas besides the first-child but to no avail

I am really having issues now. I need the font color to be white on the red parts, and I am also trying to keep the red from changing when hovered over, I need it to stay red, but the other ones that are live links are perfect. I'm also trying to get a thin black border around the initial box labeled "U.S. Outdoor Flags"
    It seems that every time I adjust one thing, the next step is impossible because current code overrides what I need to do.
    I have updated the link: http://www.flagsexpress.com/delete_me.html

It looks like your color is defined on the anchor and not the li. Try this:

Code:
    #navMenu ul li:hover ul li:nth-child(2) a {color: #fff;}
    To get the thin black border, try this:

Code:
    #navMenu > ul > li {border: solid 1px #000;}
    I know this stuff because practice makes perfect

Arrow

Ok that worked. The last two things I need to do is make it so the red parts don't change color when rolled over and also I need to put more text in some of the menu items but it gets cut off instead of wrapping. Then I'm done and you are hired and I'm fired.

Thread Information