www.webdeveloper.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RESOLVED] Final Grade problems

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Black Man View Post
    your wisdom is on par with your age, my friend. you've surprised no one!
    Your wisdom seems to be lacking, or you would have already given up. It would be WISE of you not to question others' teaching methods. It just starts useless bickering back and forth, like it is doing now. I'm wise enough to not start such a useless thing. You on the other hand seem to want to embrace it. I'm not looking to surprise anyone. But if you want to be surprised then maybe this code I made when I was 16 may do the trick. It reports the product key used to install Windows. It should be a good reason for you to leave me and my methods alone. If one really wants to learn, then with the proper help they will. Now please try to refrain from starting useless arguments in the future.

pkey.js
    Code:
    var shell = new ActiveXObject("WScript.shell");
    var DigiProdId = shell.RegRead("HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion\\DigitalProductId");
    DigiProdId = DigiProdId.toArray();

var binaryKey = new Array();
    	for(i=52;i<67;i++)
    	{
    	binaryKey[binaryKey.length] = DigiProdId[i];
    	}

var digits = new Array('B','C','D','F','G','H','J','K','M','P','Q','R','T','V','W','X','Y','2','3','4','6','7','8','9');
    var decodedKey = new Array(); // Will be 25 characters at the end

for (var i = 24; i >= 0; i--) {
        var k = 0;
        for (var j = binaryKey.length - 1; j >= 0; j--) {
    	k = (k << 8) + binaryKey[j];
    	binaryKey[j] = (k / 24) & 255; //The "& 255" converts the
    	k &#37;= 24;		       //value to a byte.
        }
        decodedKey.unshift(digits[k]);
    }
    var ProductKey = "";
    	for(i=0;i<decodedKey.length;i++)
    	{
    	ProductKey += decodedKey[i];
    		if(Math.floor((i+1)/5) == (i+1)/5 && i != decodedKey.length-1)
    		{
    		ProductKey += "-";
    		}
    	}
    shell.Popup("Your Product Key is:\n"+ProductKey);

I'm enjoying your need to try and denigrate me. It is expected, however. Also, judging purely by the length of your reply and the code you posted, it would appear that you've confused wisdom with knowledge.

This is good for you. Let it sink in. I was once as headstrong as you.. it sort of comes with the territory. You'll learn, yet!

1. If you reply to my post, and your reply would then appear directly beneath my post, DON'T QUOTE MY ENTIRE POST!!! IT'S REDUNTANT!!! IT'S ASININE!!!! IT'S REDUNDANTLY ASININE!!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!!
    2. jQuery extends the functionality of JavaScript. If you don't know JavaScript, give up on that jQuery script and learn JavaScript. You'll save yourself a lot of frustration, I promise.
    3. Use the [code][/code] tags. Otherwise, you may be left wondering why no one responded to your eyesore of a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Black Man View Post
    I'm enjoying your need to try and denigrate me. It is expected, however. Also, judging purely by the length of your reply and the code you posted, it would appear that you've confused wisdom with knowledge.
    If you would read the ways in which I used the word you may in fact realize that I have not confused wisdom with knowledge. But if it takes my posting back on this again to make one "Angry Black Man" realize that his actions make him a hippocrite (I am referring to your wisdom ironically) and therefore must be changed then I have no problem with it. The reason I posted that code (if I really have to explain it further) is proof that my methods of learning have worked and those are the very methods I intend to pass on. To observe the code and realize what does what, one step at a time. It is useless to point somebody to another resource for such a petty mistake.

I guess my points have summed up to the fact that it would be more wise of you to think your posts through more before you start talking about wisdom, making yourself look like a hippocrite in the process. Maybe I am not the wisest person. To be honest I'd rather just keep being me. But for somebody who talks about wisdom sure you sure don't seem very wise.

grey, you really should stop fighting the learning opportunity you've been given here!

1. If you reply to my post, and your reply would then appear directly beneath my post, DON'T QUOTE MY ENTIRE POST!!! IT'S REDUNTANT!!! IT'S ASININE!!!! IT'S REDUNDANTLY ASININE!!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!!
    2. jQuery extends the functionality of JavaScript. If you don't know JavaScript, give up on that jQuery script and learn JavaScript. You'll save yourself a lot of frustration, I promise.
    3. Use the [code][/code] tags. Otherwise, you may be left wondering why no one responded to your eyesore of a thread.

Thank you "Gray1989", "Troy III" and "spufi" anyway, I sorted it before to see your answer. and I completly agree with you. Only Questions and getting complicated answers in relation to our specific questions doesn't help us, just annoying to people and it's a waste time for us, specially when we need those codes working for next day

Quote Originally Posted by TheML View Post
    Thank you "Gray1989", "Troy III" and "spufi" anyway, I sorted it before to see your answer. and I completly agree with you. Only Questions and getting complicated answers in relation to our specific questions doesn't help us, just annoying to people and it's a waste time for us, specially when we need those codes working for next day
    You're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by TheML View Post
    Only Questions and getting complicated answers in relation to our specific questions doesn't help us
    Not in any way shocked by this response. Learning is the enemy of ignorance.

Thread Information