help, my job has gotten unruly...which DB solution?
I've got a bit of a conundrum.
I'm doing a consulting gig where we started out documenting workflow processes
via capturing screenshots with powerpoint. It was easy and the girls were familiar with it. (I wrote an autohotkey script). Powerpoint also makes it nice to view full screen.
The problem is that the processes grew to over 100 and now it has become unruly to maintain. (we add meta data to each process for analysis purposes)
I'm thinking a database. Access? MYSQL?
- girls on different machines in different departments should be able to input screenshots and a text explanation
- some sort of form to guide their input (they enter all kinds of irrelevant data otherwise)
- to be able to display the content in a powerpoint or similar presentation(we actually uses OpenOffice since many machines didn't have powerpoint)
A few years ago I did quite of bit of coding SQL for a MS SQL DB. (but I may have forgotten a lot of it)
Any help appreciated!
I'm new on this forum and been looking for 15 minutes about how to edit posts. Can it be done?
Not sure if you figured it out or not. But the edit function is only available for a certain period of time. The "Edit" button is in the lower right hand corner of your post. It disappears after a certain amount of time. Not sure how long an hour or more I think.
I can't help you with your other problem, but I would think Access would be the choice since it links to MS products.
This is a built in function of SharePoint. If SP is not an option, MSSQL is more suitable.
what is a ' built in function of sharepoint' ?
1. girls on different machines in different departments should be able to input screenshots and a text explanation - You can add any meta data to any object via SP which is already built in
2. some sort of form to guide their input (they enter all kinds of irrelevant data otherwise) - Forms are already integrated when you create your lists
3. to be able to display the content in a powerpoint or similar presentation(we actually uses OpenOffice since many machines didn't have powerpoint) - You can make any info a presentation in a number of ways (also built in)
--- Additionally there are also built in solution for Sharepoint Workflow. This was also extended by third party applications within sharepoint
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
Tags for this Thread