www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to remove H1 from logo

How to remove H1 from logo

I thought this was a problem that could be solved by amending html but now think it requires CSS changes.
    My site is based on an installation of "open realty" and can be found at altinkumpropertyforsale.com
    The problem I have is that the header logo is common to all pages, but has an H1 tag associated with it. So when Google looks, I have 100+ pages all with the same H1.
    What I want to do is to keep the appearance of the page the same, so that they all have the same heading, but to have a separate and unique H1 for each page.

When I view the source of my home page, about halfway down there is this:
    <div class="logo">
    <h1 title="Altinkum Property For Sale ">Altinkum Property For Sale</h1>
    </div>

From what I can work out, this comes from this CSS:

.logo h1 {
    font-size:44px;
    color:#000;
    color:#FFF;
    float:left;
    padding-left:10px;
    display:inline;
    /*IE */
    vertical-align:text-bottom;
    }

So, what I want to be able to do is remove the H1. Any ideas please?
    Thanks.

I don't see any <h1> tag associated with the logo on the page linked above.... just a deprecated <font> tag.
    If you are using an <h1> tag you can edit or remove from each page as you want. The css that you listed just defines the styling of the logo h1, not it's content.
    Also you might want to validate your code, there are some very important tag issues that should be corrected. Validate here:
    http://validator.w3.org/
    Best wishes,
    Eye for Video

I do not understand the problem. The text displayed is written in the H1 tag of the specific HTML page. So can easily be different on each page. The CSS code merely formats it so that the look is consistent across pages. Have I misunderstood? Are you referring to the TITLE that appears in the page tab? If so, that is found in the <TITLE> tag in the header, not the H! tag in the body. If so, that is settable to whatever you want it to say on any given page.

Thank you for your replies. Since asking the question I have found the answer, I just haven't had time until now to return to this forum to explain, so sorry about that
    The site uses a template through open realty, and the issue with the H1 logo was built in. But as has been noticed, I've removed that now and each page has an individual H1.
    The problem with the title was caused by me! The template is set up so that the title entered in the WYSIWYG editor will be what appears on the page. But I'd managed to override it by entering the home page title in the main.html so that it became common to all pages. I've corrected that as well now.
    But thank you for your time and I will run it all through W3C as suggested.

Thread Information